The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation 2016/17.

Hi all,

I'm coming to the end of my gap year in Aus and I begin university in September this year. However, I'm struggling to pick which halls would suit me best.

I've browsed and browsed the accommodation part of Bangor's website and the lack of photos and videos of the halls makes me rather anxious to just pick one out of a hat. I am unable to attend an open day as like I said, I'm on my gap year in Australia so visiting both villages and their halls is sadly not an option.

However, I have managed to narrow my choices down a little to the following;

in St Mary's;

Penmon,

Cemlyn.

and in Ffriddoedd;

Glaslyn,

Llanddwyn,

Alaw.

I am not overly bothered about St Mary's being that slightly bit extra in price (if it is worth it that is) and I am aware of the hill that you have to climb in order to get there but that doesn't bother me at all.

I am intrigued to see what any current undergrads and postgrads think of both accommodation sites and any photos of the halls and surrounding areas would be much appreciated!

Thanks. :-)
Hi, I live in Adda at Ffiddoedd, but out of your list from there, I would recommend Llanddwyn, as the shop is in the same building on the bottom floor, the laundrette is right outside that building with both the security office and the halls/mail office is a one minute walk away from that building. In St Mary's there has been construction work going on there for a couple of months as it's still a new building, but I think it would be done by summer, I don't really know much about St Mary's, but it is a nice place, the people I know who live there haven't complained. It depends on what you are studying, as if it is in upper Bangor then you're going to have to go up another hill, so I would consider that.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Morsmorde
Hi all,

I'm coming to the end of my gap year in Aus and I begin university in September this year. However, I'm struggling to pick which halls would suit me best.

I've browsed and browsed the accommodation part of Bangor's website and the lack of photos and videos of the halls makes me rather anxious to just pick one out of a hat. I am unable to attend an open day as like I said, I'm on my gap year in Australia so visiting both villages and their halls is sadly not an option.

However, I have managed to narrow my choices down a little to the following;

in St Mary's;

Penmon,

Cemlyn.

and in Ffriddoedd;

Glaslyn,

Llanddwyn,

Alaw.

I am not overly bothered about St Mary's being that slightly bit extra in price (if it is worth it that is) and I am aware of the hill that you have to climb in order to get there but that doesn't bother me at all.

I am intrigued to see what any current undergrads and postgrads think of both accommodation sites and any photos of the halls and surrounding areas would be much appreciated!

Thanks. :-)

It depends what you want to study and where it will be! If its more lower Bangor then go for St Mary's whereas if it is upper Bangor then go for Ffridd! I'm currently staying in Alaw and I love it! It's right next to the gym and sports facilities which is great for me doing a sport course! Like the person above said, if you want to be by post/Bar Uno/ Siop/ Laundrette then go for more Glaslyn or Llanddwyn

Quick Reply

Latest