Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Amanda climbs onto the table and starts dancing wildly. She accidently kicks a glass which smashes on the floor. Colin steps on the broken glass which cuts the sole of his foot badly, it requires stitches to stop the heavy bleeding.

Advise Amanda on her criminal liability.

Any help anyone could give me on what the most appropriate criminal offence that Amanda is liable for would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    GBH Section 20 because of the injury inflicted (needed stitches) BUT i don't think she maliciously intended to cause harm which is the requirement for Section 18...

Little rusty, been few years since my Law A level but off to do Law in September

ReputationRep:
    First of, start looking at the facts of the case. Then consider the law, do the facts satisfy the requirements stated in section 47, or are they more applicable to section 20. Was there a necessary intention to satisfy section 18, yes/no, why?
    This is highly based on your own judgement.

ReputationRep:
    Amanda would be liable for assault as she is in a public place dancing wildly on a table, she is causing people to apprehend fear and alarm.
    She will also be liable for S 20 GBH.
    Look at mark schemes online, I think i've seen this question before on the AQA website.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.