Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for medicine but different sources are telling me different things about part funding and full funding. I started to apply on student finance and they said they don't fund me. Very very confused

ReputationRep:
    Is it a NHS funded course?

ReputationRep:
    I think so but some sites say NHS funds year 5 only but student finance won't let me apply

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm really confused about this too! so do I fill the student finance form in or not? Because it says that they won't pay my tuition fees. So I tried going on the NHS bursary site and it was REALLY confusing. So stressed out because of it ...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This is medicine? A100? Is funded by student finance like other degrees until after year 4, when the NHS take over.

You need to apply for student finance as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1471)
    Yes I'm really confused about this too! so do I fill the student finance form in or not? Because it says that they won't pay my tuition fees. So I tried going on the NHS bursary site and it was REALLY confusing. So stressed out because of it ...
    I'm in the exact same position I don't understand any of if it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    This is medicine? A100? Is funded by student finance like other degrees until after year 4, when the NHS take over.

You need to apply for student finance as normal.
    But student finance say they won't fund it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishabennett)
    But student finance say they won't fund it?
    What exactly has it asked you, and what is it now saying? Standard undergrad entry medicine is funded by the normal student finance route until year 5+.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 121
Size:  83.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Have you ticked a box somewhere saying you're doing an NHS funded course or will be applying for NHS bursary? If so, untick it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Have you ticked a box somewhere saying you're doing an NHS funded course or will be applying for NHS bursary? If so, untick it.
    But I did an eligibility thing and it said I'm eligible for NHS bursary
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    But I did an eligibility thing and it said I'm eligible for NHS bursary
    Yeah but not until 5th year. You won't be on a NHS funded course until then. NHS funded courses refers to things like nursing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Yeah but not until 5th year. You won't be on a NHS funded course until then. NHS funded courses refers to things like nursing.
    Oh so I'm not eligible until 5th year so student finance do fund me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh so I'm not eligible until 5th year so student finance do fund me
    Yes. Just tick the option for non-nhs funded and medicine should come up in that list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Yes. Just tick the option for non-nhs funded and medicine should come up in that list.
    Thanks a billion! That was really beginning to stress me out and teachers at school aren't much help

ReputationRep:
    What do I click for this if im going to be starting medicine september 2016 ForestCat

yes or no?

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  115.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    What do I click for this if im going to be starting medicine september 2016 ForestCat

yes or no?

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  115.3 KB
    No. You will not be eligible until 5th year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No. You will not be eligible until 5th year.
    thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.