Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking part in a Charity bake sale next Wednesday. Due to uni lectures I want to bake at the weekend. Which will stay fresh the best until Wednesday if baking on Sunday; cupcakes, banana bread, cookies, hot cross buns, muffins, flapjack, any other suggestions to items which would stay fresh, I would be very grateful!

ReputationRep:
    if you dont want to serve stale food and make a successful bake sale, bake them on the tuesday night. you chose to take part in the event so make time for it! nothing after 4 days is okay to sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    if you dont want to serve stale food and make a successful bake sale, bake them on the tuesday night. you chose to take part in the event so make time for it! nothing after 4 days is okay to sell.
    You can freeze some things though can't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahmay01)
    You can freeze some things though can't you?
    freezing sponge and whatnot and then defrosting it will just make it a wet mush..no you cant. you need to bake on the tuesday, surely you have a couple hours free on the evening? fairy buns literally take 30 mins to make..

ReputationRep:
    freezing sponge and whatnot and then defrosting it will just make it a wet mush..no you cant. you need to bake on the tuesday, surely you have a couple hours free on the evening? fairy buns literally take 30 mins to make..
    I will be coming home at 9 so I'll have a couple of hours until the ovens turn off in halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahmay01)
    I will be coming home at 9 so I'll have a couple of hours until the ovens turn off in halls.
    thats plenty of time to knock up some buns??

ReputationRep:
    thats plenty of time to knock up some buns??
    Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have any ideas?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.