Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys! Ok, I'm 12 years old, and the other day me and my mum went to Debenhams and bought me my first starter/training bra. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...33010690394_-1
    they're quite nice - non padded, comfy and have hooks in the back. In fact, i'm wearing one right now! I don't really need one - i don't have much there, but the crop tops I have are just rubbish, and i want a little bit of support, and something to cover my nipples...
    Anyway, I take a size 28aa, i think it is probably right, maybe a TINY bit small?
    Right, questions. Thanks in advance guys!!
    1) Is there any easy ways to put on and take off a bra? I tried, it is SUPER tricky.
    2) When do you think i should start wearing PADDED bras - i saw some 28aa PADDED ones the other day too, but, i wanted to start off small.
    3) Can you reccomend any shops (uk) that sell 28aa or maybe 30aa first bras?
    Thanks!

UPDATE: OK guys, thanks for all your lovley advice. By the way, when i said padded, i guess i meant lined, just something that covers nipples better.

ReputationRep:
    Personally for me the easiest way to put on / take off a bra is clip / unclip from the front and when clipping it up from the front swizzle it round the right way
    Padded bras are usually to give the illusion of bigger breast which for a 12 year old is a bit too sexualised but it really is up to you and what your comfortable with. And I don't see many aa sizes about just a, but if your looking for something cheap and cheerful primark has a cute collection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    Hiya guys! Ok, I'm 12 years old, and the other day me and my mum went to Debenhams and bought me my first starter/training bra. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...33010690394_-1
    they're quite nice - non padded, comfy and have hooks in the back. In fact, i'm wearing one right now! I don't really need one - i don't have much there, but the crop tops I have are just rubbish, and i want a little bit of support, and something to cover my nipples...
    Anyway, I take a size 28aa, i think it is probably right, maybe a TINY bit small?
    Right, questions. Thanks in advance guys!!
    1) Is there any easy ways to put on and take off a bra? I tried, it is SUPER tricky.
    2) When do you think i should start wearing PADDED bras - i saw some 28aa PADDED ones the other day too, but, i wanted to start off small.
    3) Can you reccomend any shops (uk) that sell 28aa or maybe 30aa first bras?
    Thanks!
    1) Unless get a pull on comfort bra or front clasp bra the easiest way I have found to put it on is to put it on backwards and do the clasp at the front then swivel it round the right way and put arms through straps and adjust till feels comfortable. Taking it off I just hold each side of the back strap and push together to release the hooks.

2) It's up to you. You don't really need the padding for a cleavage boost at age 12 but I always preferred some light padding at least as it was comfier for me and stopped nipples rubbing against fabric / showing through thinner cloth tops/dresses. But try on a few and see what you think.

3) M&S used to be good for smaller bras. Think they had a range called Angel that started off small and fairly pretty and comfy, I had some and still do (I'm now 29!) from that range. Although I have seen some at Teen area in shops such as New look etc but with Debenhams, M&S etc there are usually fitters who will help you get the correct size. But each brand/store may have different sizing even though named the same and different styles of bra may sit differently so always best to try on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laalNick)
    1) Unless get a pull on comfort bra or front clasp bra the easiest way I have found to put it on is to put it on backwards and do the clasp at the front then swivel it round the right way and put arms through straps and adjust till feels comfortable. Taking it off I just hold each side of the back strap and push together to release the hooks.

2) It's up to you. You don't really need the padding for a cleavage boost at age 12 but I always preferred some light padding at least as it was comfier for me and stopped nipples rubbing against fabric / showing through thinner cloth tops/dresses. But try on a few and see what you think.

3) M&S used to be good for smaller bras. Think they had a range called Angel that started off small and fairly pretty and comfy, I had some and still do (I'm now 29!) from that range. Although I have seen some at Teen area in shops such as New look etc but with Debenhams, M&S etc there are usually fitters who will help you get the correct size. But each brand/store may have different sizing even though named the same and different styles of bra may sit differently so always best to try on.

Thank you - very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade236)
    Personally for me the easiest way to put on / take off a bra is clip / unclip from the front and when clipping it up from the front swizzle it round the right way
    Padded bras are usually to give the illusion of bigger breast which for a 12 year old is a bit too sexualised but it really is up to you and what your comfortable with. And I don't see many aa sizes about just a, but if your looking for something cheap and cheerful primark has a cute collection
    Thanks - this was short, but it helped a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I know it takes ages to start with, but just try to put it on properly and clip up with the hooks at the back. You will eventually get a hang of it and it will be much quicker to put the bra on (3 seconds max) than if you were to try and have the bra on front to back initially to clip it up, just to then twist it into place afterwards etc. When you do the latter, it can also stretch the straps when you put your arms through. It takes practice, but it's worth learning to put a bra on properly; it is the quickest way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.