The Student Room Group

Can I take out earrings for an hour 3 weeks after piercing?

I REALLY want to pierce my ears and don't really want to wait, however, I have a job interview on the 31st of march, so would be 3 weeks after piercing...

And so since I'm a guy, and I plan on having multiple ear piercings, I was thinking of taking them out during the interview... But they would close in the hour the interview would last, wouldn't they?
No don't! Wait until 6 weeks at least because the hole will close up easily otherwise
Reply 2
Original post by piercinglover
I REALLY want to pierce my ears and don't really want to wait, however, I have a job interview on the 31st of march, so would be 3 weeks after piercing...

And so since I'm a guy, and I plan on having multiple ear piercings, I was thinking of taking them out during the interview... But they would close in the hour the interview would last, wouldn't they?

Just wait. You are literally piercing a hole through your ear - you need to let it heal properly to avoid damaging the ear and infections. It probably won't heal up but it won't be fully healed inside. There is a reason they say leave it in for 6 weeks and it's not just for the fun of it.
Yeah... I know you guys are probably right and I'll just have to be patient. I was just hoping it somehow could work out ^^;
Reply 4
You could pop an o ring in if you really can't wait.

Truth be told, it probably wouldn't close up. I left my 4 week old helix piercing out overnight and got my piercer to push an earring back through, and it was fine. Pressure but the whole was clearly still open.

And six weeks isn't even long enough for it to be fully healed lmao. You're looking at a couple months.

I'm not a piercer but I have 15 piercings. And get my 16th soon.
Reply 5
Well no. I just got mine pierced 3 weeks ago and I took out my piercing 2 days ago. They ALMOST closed up when I put the in today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending