Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This year I am teaching myself A2 psychology so basically just using the textbook and any online resources I can find.

In terms of research methods, I was wondering whether the 'evaluation' side of each page of notes in the main textbook is knowledge that is actually needed? Anyone who is studying in school, does your teacher go through the bits like 'can psychology claim to be a science' and 'are the goals of science appropriate for psychology'?

I've had a brief look at some past questions and this info just doesn't seem relevant, so is it only there for 'interest' rather than 'you must know this for the exam'?

I hope I have explained this properly.......

Ta

ReputationRep:
    my teacher taught me that last week, but I think its just something for u to know. I don't really think its relevant. But learn it just incase.
    good luck. Xx

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing this in school there useful to at least run over but they wont necessarily be a direct question on them in the exam i wrote up the notes i did for research methods and posted them on here (the link is --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3932005 ) incase you wanted to look at them for help :P

ReputationRep:
    I
    (Original post by charlieecooperr)
    i'm doing this in school there useful to at least run over but they wont necessarily be a direct question on them in the exam i wrote up the notes i did for research methods and posted them on here (the link is --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3932005 ) incase you wanted to look at them for help :P
    I appreciate this loads, thankyou !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieecooperr)
    This looks brilliant thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah22)
    This looks brilliant thank you so much!!
    No problem x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.