Turn on thread page Beta

How much money do your parents make roughly and what professions? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    My dad owns the company, but goes by the title of managing director.
    Best thing about owning your own company; can call yourself whatever you want.

My dad used to be a sole trader operating as a Ltd company. He named me European Sales Director so I could get a Macro card
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    The avg for managing director is 40 odd k...
    Depends, very much, on the company.
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries...RCH_KO0,17.htm

ReputationRep:
    Mum - housewife

Dad - earns about 25k a year as a plumber/electrician and joiner. He also receives about 425 pounds a month rental income from a property he owns. So total income is roughly 30k which isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Why does the average matter? An MD of a company is entirely dependent on the revenue generated by the company...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it is definitely dependent on the success of the company. I don't know where the other guy got the £40k from but my dad's wage is definitely £300k+ varying slightly per year.
    My dad owns the company though (that has smaller companies under the larger company) but goes by the title of managing director

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Best thing about owning your own company; can call yourself whatever you want.

My dad used to be a sole trader operating as a Ltd company. He named me European Sales Director so I could get a Macro card
    exactly ! haha

ReputationRep:
    Omg the phone calls are the worst. You need to speak as if you you kwow what you're talking about. Ahh reading their letters like as if you've a degree in English. The list doesn't stop.
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Haha all that form-filling and online thingymajigs

ReputationRep:
    Not sure of exact figures as tbh I've forgotten but....

Mum just took early retirement (60), microbial genetic researcher, obviously there's different levels of seniority but whatever level she was at pay was around £30k or so I believe (certainly not below).

Dad works in hematology, think mainly diagnosing cancers of the blood. He's been sick for a year now due to severe complications from surgery, starting back soon part-time but realistically he may well have to retire on health grounds. I think his salary was around £27k region.

Step-Dad is a quantity surveyor, just left his current job for another, I think he was on £50k ish, I think the new company is matching the salary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    Yeah it is definitely dependent on the success of the company. I don't know where the other guy got the £40k from but my dad's wage is definitely £300k+ varying slightly per year.
    My dad owns the company though (that has smaller companies under the larger company) but goes by the title of managing director
    Are you hot?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Are you hot?
    You are so weird..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are so weird..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it weird to be interested in the opposite sex?

ReputationRep:
    My dad is a senior consultant drilling fluids engineer in the oil industry. Has a rather decent income. Mum is a social worker but now running her own business. Dad is about to retire after extending his working life to see me through school and uni. Parents live fairly modest lives despite the household income but they intend having a right old knees up across Europe and wherever else the fancy takes them while they are healthy enough to enjoy the fruits of their labours.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why is it weird to be interested in the opposite sex?
    1. Asking someone if they're 'hot' is not a good way to introduce yourself
    2. It's not relevant to the thread
    3. You're clearly interested because of how successful her father has been and are using the above 'are you hot?' question to justify some fictitious image in your head
    4. There are PMs for a reason
    5. You're still weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Asking someone if they're 'hot' is not a good way to introduce yourself
    2. It's not relevant to the thread
    3. You're clearly interested because of how successful her father has been and are using the above 'are you hot?' question to justify some fictitious image in your head
    4. There are PMs for a reason
    5. You're still weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're a joker, telling me what is a good way to introduce myself. Sorry but 'you are weird' is not a good way to introduce yourself either.
    Your whole logic is flawed, take back to the drawing board and re evaluate.
    I asked her if she's hot because i wanted to, not because of how successful her father is or any bullsht like that. First of all, i don't even need her fathers money, our family is worth more than enough and I'm grateful. Second Is her father going to give his company to me if i date his daughter? It just proves how much of an idiot you actually are.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You're a joker, telling me what is a good way to introduce myself. Sorry but 'you are weird' is not a good way to introduce yourself either.
    Your whole logic is flawed, take back to the drawing board and re evaluate.
    I asked her if she's hot because i wanted to, not because of how successful her father is or any bullsht like that. First of all, i don't even need her fathers money, our family is worth more than enough and I'm grateful. Second Is her father going to give his company to me if i date his daughter? It just proves how much of an idiot you actually are.
    Still weird tbh. But to each their own.

ReputationRep:
    Minimum wage (Evening shifts).

ReputationRep:
    Dad - £70,100

Mum - Used to run a restaurant but quit because dad said she want in the house enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    Funnily enough, my dad didn't go to university. He was a semi professional footballer/painter decorator until he was 25, joined the Prison service and then joined the police when he was 30. He's 44 now and managed to climb the ranks through his own merit (and a hell of a lot of courses).
    Wow that's cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    My dad is a senior consultant drilling fluids engineer in the oil industry. Has a rather decent income. Mum is a social worker but now running her own business. Dad is about to retire after extending his working life to see me through school and uni. Parents live fairly modest lives despite the household income but they intend having a right old knees up across Europe and wherever else the fancy takes them while they are healthy enough to enjoy the fruits of their labours.
    In b4 your parents move to a nudist community

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Death Grips;63275647]In b4 your parents move to a nudist community

Lol. Somehow I just can't see them running naked around Europe. Tbh I wouldn't want to dwell on such a thought 🙈🙈🙈🙈

ReputationRep:
    Are you hot?
    why does that matter exactly ?...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.