Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What shall I write in my email to UEFA? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty fed up about how the referee kept making decisions in Portugal's favour and it didn't help with Ronaldo being on the pitch :mad: but about Campbell's goal the ref actually blew the whistle before he scored because of the foul just before. So it wasn't quite a "robbery" as people are claiming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    I was pretty fed up about how the referee kept making decisions in Portugal's favour and it didn't help with Ronaldo being on the pitch :mad: but about Campbell's goal the ref actually blew the whistle before he scored because of the foul just before. So it wasn't quite a "robbery" as people are claiming.
    but the question is was it even a foul?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed UEFA asking how we got a Swiss ref when they were in the same qualifying group as us and surely this could lead to a bias. And i asked if we would get a full explanation of why the goal wasn't allowed.

Me? Bitter? Never..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    I emailed UEFA asking how we got a Swiss ref when they were in the same qualifying group as us and surely this could lead to a bias. And i asked if we would get a full explanation of why the goal wasn't allowed.

Me? Bitter? Never..

they probably reply with some crappy email saying they cant explain it through email coz there'll be too many people or soemthing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm soo annoyed, i'm going to get reallt pissed off and lay into them about not only this, but the continued biased against england sides in international and club football, and demand punitive action to remove this institutional racism against the english.

ReputationRep:
    Video refereeing has long been overdue for football. Rugby does it, cricket does it. Why can't football?

And you should be able to challenge the referee's decision when an assistant has dissented with a decision of goal or penalty. Trouble is what about free kicks just outside the area...

Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    What?!

It wasnt Sven's fault we lost!

WE (england) scored 2 goals compared to portugal's one and we still lose.

1. Why they f*ck did UEFA let a Swiss ref, ref a english game when we had just knocked them out!!
    2. How the hell did he become an internation ref? He not only disallowed a england goal, he made at least 6 bad errors in the whole 90 mins.

Personally England couldnt have done more...
    Yeah they could. They could have played football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Video refereeing has long been overdue for football. Rugby does it, cricket does it. Why can't football?

And you should be able to challenge the referee's decision when an assistant has dissented with a decision of goal or penalty. Trouble is what about free kicks just outside the area...

Just a thought.
    the referee will always make a justification for his decision. You can find something wrong in almost any goal mouth scramble and they will if their decison is challenged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Yeah they could. They could have played football.
    football matches aren't decided by how much possesion you have! It's about who scores the most goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    football matches aren't decided by how much possesion you have! It's about who scores the most goals.
    What's that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:

Just a thought.
    They say video refs slow the game too much. There was a strong belief that just having linesmen was enough backup for any important decisions. Sure, when the ref listens to them.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ursmeier.ch/referee/ref60.html

just dont be too rude.......

ReputationRep:

Just a thought.
    Part of the game is the referee having to make a decision. It happens in tennis- bad line calls, bad decisions by the umpire- you just have to accept that bad decisions are made, and that is part of the game. What the referee says, you go with. I totally agree, what that referee did was out of order, and made me so angry I almost broke the TV (ahem). When our players committed a just-as-serious foul, the referee booked our players, but when the Portuguese fouled our players, they got away with only a free kick. against them. It is the referee's job, however, to make a quick decision based on what he saw, and if he saw a foul just before our goal, then we can't argue. If video-refereeing was introduced, think of the extra time is would take for a referee to watch a foul over and over again on a TV to make his mind up.

What you can argue with, however, is why we had a Swiss referee when we had knocked his team out only just days ago. You can also argue that it was the referee's job to make unbiased decisions, and this blatantly wasn't happening. You can also argue why the referee felt it acceptable to make decisions from a fair distance away, even when the linesman, who had a much clearer view, disagreed with him. You can also argue that the referee was not medically qualified, and therefore should not have told Wayne Rooney to leave the pitch after his foot injury. You can also ask why the penalties were not taken from the other end of the pitch, seeing as the penatly spot was clearly unusable. You can also argue that yellow facial hair on dark skin is quite unsightly, and put off many of our players.

Ask a question. That way they are more likely to reply.

ReputationRep:
    My feedback was simple:

"ENGLAND 2 PORTUGAL 1"

I completely agree that video replays should be used. We've had the technology for years so why are we not using it? You cannot rely on one man who can only see the play from one angle to make decisions like that.

Ah well....lets make our own european football association!

(Original post by Speciez99)
    just dont be too rude.......
    Woopsie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    What do I put?? A few stern words about the ref I think.

[email protected]

I think everyone should stand up and be counted when they feel injustice.

Say that England played really crap but i still wanted them to go through. Although the better team won i 'd still like to complain about the referee and the pitch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Say that England played really crap but i still wanted them to go through. Although the better team won i 'd still like to complain about the referee and the pitch!
    who cares if we played crap, a football match is decided by scoring more goals in the 90min and it was a winning goal.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the refereeing was like in comparision with the South Korea vs Spain match in 2002? Everyone kicked up a fuss about that one but I didn't really watch enough of either match to make any conclusion myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    Does anyone remember what the refereeing was like in comparision with the South Korea vs Spain match in 2002? Everyone kicked up a fuss about that one but I didn't really watch enough of either match to make any conclusion myself.
    Spain scored a goal but it was disallowed because the ball had allegedly gone out of play, even though it clearly hadn't.

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed mr meier and given him a piece of my mind

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.