Turn on thread page Beta

What shall I write in my email to UEFA? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    What do I put?? A few stern words about the ref I think.

[email protected]

I think everyone should stand up and be counted when they feel injustice.
    buzzzzzzz off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Part of the game is the referee having to make a decision. It happens in tennis- bad line calls, bad decisions by the umpire- you just have to accept that bad decisions are made, and that is part of the game. What the referee says, you go with. I totally agree, what that referee did was out of order, and made me so angry I almost broke the TV (ahem). When our players committed a just-as-serious foul, the referee booked our players, but when the Portuguese fouled our players, they got away with only a free kick. against them. It is the referee's job, however, to make a quick decision based on what he saw, and if he saw a foul just before our goal, then we can't argue. If video-refereeing was introduced, think of the extra time is would take for a referee to watch a foul over and over again on a TV to make his mind up.

What you can argue with, however, is why we had a Swiss referee when we had knocked his team out only just days ago. You can also argue that it was the referee's job to make unbiased decisions, and this blatantly wasn't happening. You can also argue why the referee felt it acceptable to make decisions from a fair distance away, even when the linesman, who had a much clearer view, disagreed with him. You can also argue that the referee was not medically qualified, and therefore should not have told Wayne Rooney to leave the pitch after his foot injury. You can also ask why the penalties were not taken from the other end of the pitch, seeing as the penatly spot was clearly unusable. You can also argue that yellow facial hair on dark skin is quite unsightly, and put off many of our players.

Ask a question. That way they are more likely to reply.
    Even if it does slow it down it will end the arguments over whether it was a goal etc. Rugby do it and they have only 80 minutes of play and you normally get more tries than you do of goals! Okay so not just a few but you could still introduce it and have it for the few but very important issues we want to get right. We all remember Stevenage v Newcastle don't we? lol

ReputationRep:
    dear uefa ....

i like to cry whenever my team loses .... and i cant admit tht beckham cant kick a ball into a goal and is still payed more than all the members of this forum will ever be ... .

thank you for ur time

no offence ... but the sooner u get rid of beckham or teach him how to kick without blaming the ground hes kicking on ,the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    dear uefa ....

i like to cry whenever my team loses .... and i cant admit tht beckham cant kick a ball into a goal and is still payed more than all the members of this forum will ever be ... .

thank you for ur time

no offence ... but the sooner u get rid of beckham or teach him how to kick without blaming the ground hes kicking on ,the better
    You know, I get the impression that this was about the referee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    You know, I get the impression that this was about the referee.
    i think it was a fair call wether the ref saw it or not .... in the end portugal held their nerve ... svens biggest mistake was sending beckham to kick the first pentalty knowing tht he has missed one in the touny already
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Is that a hand growing out of Ricardo's head or is it Terry's arm over his shoulder stopping him getting to the ball.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    Is that a hand growing out of Ricardo's head or is it Terry's arm over his shoulder stopping him getting to the ball.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Say that the referee is a homosexual hernia. Who is a swiss chocolate whore, and enjoys drinking out of gay teacups.
    lol nicely said

ReputationRep:
    how about just saying that apointing a referee from a nation we knocked out in the previous round was a stupid thing to do, there were complaints from the moment it was announced and the events of the game prooved those complaints were justified. He was a cheating *******

(you could remove the last sentance)

ReputationRep:
    if the keeper had actually tried to jump then i could see that being a problem but as the keeper ran into terry and made no attempt for the ball that comment is pointless

ReputationRep:
    The keeper has his legs straight. He isn't trying to jump, he didn't need to. From that position he could easily have raised his arms and stopped the ball, but failed to do so.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.