Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bit of info for you to base your decision: Woke up at 5 pm yesterday not slept since. Just got in from school and tired as ****. I also need to revise as I've got exams coming up. I want to get back into my sleeping pattern, however, my head is ****ed and I'm ****ed.

Option 1: Be a man and stay awake till 11 pm. Although if I do, I won't be able to study tonight.

Option 2:
    Go to sleep now. Set an alarm for 6 pm, but there is a strong possibility I won't wake up (Unless I've slept for at least 5 hours, I usually sleep through my alarm. I literally do not hear it). However, if I do wake up at 6 pm I'll be able to study till 11 and I'll probably fall asleep by 12 again.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of exams are they? I would say sleep since that's going to make every aspect of your life better; including school - the sooner you get it back on track

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the case of a screwed up sleeping pattern and an exam the day after I always go for an energy drink, keep me kicking for a few hours to do some revision, then head off to bed at normal time.

More often than not I find that little/nothing goes in if I'm cramming revision the night before before (I assume the exam is tomorrow).

In the past I have tried to bank everything on sleeping for 2-3 hours then waking up, but never did succeed.

Big question is, when are those exams? Tomorrow? In a weeks time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    In the case of a screwed up sleeping pattern and an exam the day after I always go for an energy drink, keep me kicking for a few hours to do some revision, then head off to bed at normal time.

More often than not I find that little/nothing goes in if I'm cramming revision the night before before (I assume the exam is tomorrow).

In the past I have tried to bank everything on sleeping for 2-3 hours then waking up, but never did succeed.

Big question is, when are those exams? Tomorrow? In a weeks time?
    No, ha. My exams are two months from now. I just want to get into a daily study routine so it just becomes more of a habit than a chore.

Part of me doesn't want to risk sleeping now and not waking up in 3 hours because I sleep through my alarm. But I'm tired -_____-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FamilyFirst)
    No, ha. My exams are two months from now. I just want to get into a daily study routine so it just becomes more of a habit than a chore.

Part of me doesn't want to risk sleeping now and not waking up in 3 hours because I sleep through my alarm. But I'm tired -_____-
    Ahh if it's in a months time then I'd personally just stick it out like a man until 11 with an energy drink. Or at least push as hard as I can for 11. If I end up sleeping at this time it has in the past taken a week to get back to 'normal'

These days though sleeping from 3am to 6am is normal, but my schedule is only 3 days a week

ReputationRep:
    Option 2 or even better herpeanus
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Forget about studying tonight, OP. It would be really quite bad for your health. They're two months away! You can afford to discount a single night to benefit your health. Sleep and don't study please. Just this once, eh? :giggle:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.