Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you have your heating on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since arriving at university I have become a right wimp and have it on pretty much 24/7. This weekend I went home to my parents and was like 'Mum please turn up the heating it's like the north pole' when before I started university I thought my house was so hot.

I blame the wood floors in my student accommodation..

Do you have yours on a lot?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by urbanlocations)
    Since arriving at university I have become a right wimp and have it on pretty much 24/7. This weekend I went home to my parents and was like 'Mum please turn up the heating it's like the north pole' when before I started university I thought my house was so hot.

I blame the wood floors in my student accommodation..

Do you have yours on a lot?
    We have storage heaters which are really awkward to use so I've actually not used it in a year.

ReputationRep:
    ive not turned mine down from 25 since moving to uni haha

ReputationRep:
    I most of the time have the heating on. My family explains my room to be like an oven because its sooo hot, but I like it like that.(I hate the cold)

ReputationRep:
    I have my computer. That pumps out plenty of heat :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely. We usually spend the evenings huddled together under a duvet on the sofa.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe once in the last year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The only and only time I have used my heating since living in this flat was when I had pneumonia and literally nothing was heating me up. That was the only time in the five years I have been here. I'm too much of a Scrooge when it comes to the price for gas and heating where I live. I use my cats as hot water bottles instead

ReputationRep:
    I bought £200 worth of shares in British gas and since then leave it on pretty much 24/7 - Only really turn it off when I feel dizzy from the heat

ReputationRep:
    i get so cold so easily so i always keep it on

ReputationRep:
    at the moment about 2-3 hours maybe 2-4 days a week, I feel really guilty any time I use the heating but my house is incapable of retaining heat at all so when I can see my own breath I tend to turn it on for a few hours, I would never put it on if I didn't have two big jumpers, a hot water bottle, slippers and a blanket though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.