The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bass Dude
Beckham. He was totally crap through the whole match.

actually he did play well in the game. i still think the setup didnt do the team much good.
he just messed up a penalty again
Reply 181
either blame nobody and call it bad luck or all of them equally...it's a team game after all. i don't blame beckham - you can be the best striker in the world and score 999 out of a 1000 but there's going to be a dud one every so often, with that pressure i'm not surprised, he was unlucky. we were robbed of that goal though, the ref was looking for something to pull the england boys up on.
Reply 182
allisandro
either blame nobody and call it bad luck or all of them equally...it's a team game after all. i don't blame beckham - you can be the best striker in the world and score 999 out of a 1000 but there's going to be a dud one every so often, with that pressure i'm not surprised, he was unlucky. we were robbed of that goal though, the ref was looking for something to pull the england boys up on.

it wasn't just the penalty though, anyone could have missed that as you said.

portugal's equaliser came because he didn't react quickly enough after he blocked the first cross coming in, allowing the portuguese player to cross again. john terry was ahead of porstiga as well, he should have dealt with the ball too.
Reply 183
Beckham has been like an old man since the beginning of the tournament. He looked as if he was drugged up (or wasn't!). I don't want to put all the blame on becks but he is the captain and should've lead the team with a bit more conviction. Why didn't Sven take him off? It wasn't like he was contributing very much.

:mad: And as for the ref... he was corrupt!!! Did you see that big fat wad of cash that the portugese coach gave him after the penalties?!:eek:
Reply 184
Amb1
:mad: And as for the ref... he was corrupt!!! Did you see that big fat wad of cash that the portugese coach gave him after the penalties?!:eek:

i hope you're not serious there! :eek:
Reply 185
4Ed

No, I saw it to...Scolari had a big bag stuffed with used bank notes overflowing it was, and when no one in the stadium was lookng he gave it to the ref, who can now be found living it up in St. Tropez, Im just suprsed it hasnt been on the news - conspiracy me thinks, and its got George Bushs name written all over it!!!
4Ed

honestly idont think both the referee and the coach are that stupid, if it was a bribe they would meet up later and then he would pay him. dont blame the other team, i like portugals coach.
Reply 187
Amb1

I was actually joking believe it or not. :rolleyes: :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 188
Amb1

did people not get that? :confused:
Amb1

ha thank god, i seriously dont think the coach wuld have done something liek that, hes a cool coach!
plus i assure you it was england set up that blew their match. they were lucky portugal didnt score two goals and win immediately.
Cossack
did people not get that? :confused:

lol erm!
Reply 191
the portugese fans saw where the ref parked.
Reply 192
You can't blame Beckham for this. I know he missed the penalty but everyone can miss a penalty and especially when you've got pressure from everybody; from the fans and in particular from the English media!
If you're gonna blame someone, don't blame Beckham.
Why do you blame Beckham but not Vassell?
At the end of the day, I'm not blaming anybody.

Maybe the referee a bit though :biggrin: haha
Reply 193
eriika
You can't blame Beckham for this. I know he missed the penalty but everyone can miss a penalty and especially when you've got pressure from everybody; from the fans and in particular from the English media!
If you're gonna blame someone, don't blame Beckham.
Why do you blame Beckham but not Vassell?
At the end of the day, I'm not blaming anybody.

Maybe the referee a bit though :biggrin: haha
It may be the referee. It may be Beckham. It may be Vassell. It may be the fans. It may be James. It may be Ronaldo. It may be that Portugal are so goddamn good. It may be the home advantage. It may be the stupid UEFA people for selecting the ref. It may be Pierluigi Collina for not refereeing the match. It may be the wet pitch. It may be the entire squad for not scoring more goals in the match itself. It may be Rooney for hurting his ankle. It may even be Heskey for being such a useless donkey. It may be.......

I think it was unfair that Beckham gets a lot of blame for this, just because he went last. At least he had the balls to go up last, knowing that a miss would put England out.
The referee was a ******* wimp, taking the ******* wrong decisions to please the ******* home fans, and dindn't care about what was right, and what was ******* wrong.....
Piece of ****....
As you can tell, i'm ******* pissed off by this and am doing my best not to write ******* obscenities every couple of ******* words....
Reply 195
Iluvatar
The referee was a ******* wimp, taking the ******* wrong decisions to please the ******* home fans, and dindn't care about what was right, and what was ******* wrong.....
Piece of ****....
As you can tell, i'm ******* pissed off by this and am doing my best not to write ******* obscenities every couple of ******* words....

too ******* true
Cossack
too ******* true

Do you think i could sue the referee for all the damage his wrong decisions caused to my house and my stuff, when it got projected across the room after getting so pissed with him totally bottling it and siding with the home side.
Reply 197
Iluvatar
Do you think i could sue the referee for all the damage his wrong decisions caused to my house and my stuff, when it got projected across the room after getting so pissed with him totally bottling it and siding with the home side.
No. You damaged your house and stuff because you got over-excited and couldn't control your anger.
Amb1
No. You damaged your house and stuff because you got over-excited and couldn't control your anger.

Now, i damaged it because that ******* piece of ******* **** was such a ******* ******, and didn't have the guts to make the right ******* decision.
If he wasn't such a ******* ******, it would never of happened.
Reply 199
Iluvatar
Now, i damaged it because that ******* piece of ******* **** was such a ******* ******, and didn't have the guts to make the right ******* decision.
If he wasn't such a ******* ******, it would never of happened.
If you hadn't have lost your temper and thrown things across the room and smashed things up it would never have happened. Take some responsibilty.

Latest

Trending

Trending