Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoni)
    At least Owen finally got a goal. That turn and flick was sweeet..
    Very nice goal. Pity it was to no avail.

ReputationRep:
    It's that sort of attitude that hooligans adopt.
    Brilliant, I'll take it up them. (Throws bottle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    yep a turning point for Owen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well it kept us in the match!
    And if we'd just lost 1-0 to portugal, that's not very entertaining.
    That was one of the most dramatic games of the tournament. At one stage we were winning, then we were out, then we were back in it... denied a goal, rooney injured,etc.. all good stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Yea there is a lot of what ifs but in my opinon Heskey is to blame. Atleast there is one positive to come out of the game - the fact that ashley cole played an absolute blinded and destroyed ronaldo
    Yeah - fair play to him, Ashley Cole was a star tonight.

SamTheMan - I didn't see that, and neither did the commentators on the TV, who know a hell of a lot more than me.

ReputationRep:
    Well it kept us in the match!
    And if we'd just lost 1-0 to portugal, that's not very entertaining.
    That was one of the most dramatic games of the tournament. At one stage we were winning, then we were out, then we were back in it... denied a goal, rooney injured,etc.. all good stuff
    No it wasnt good stuff - we lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Can someone explain why they're complaining so much about the ref? Because of that goal that was refused? But the Portuguese goalkeeper had been pushed away. I thought that any foul on the goalie disqualifies any goal...
    Please explain this to me.
    well it wasn't a foul. goalkeepers are giving too much protection in those situations. there's no way an attacking player can rise to head a ball without raising their arms. that instance the goalie actually dived towards terry/campball.

ReputationRep:
    We should blame portugal for scoring more on the penalties.. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    No it wasnt good stuff - we lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    It should never have gone into extra time, let alone penalties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Admittedly all but 1 of thier penalties were brilliant, even the ones we scored were average at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    It should never have gone into extra time, let alone penalties.
    if the ref count the goal up properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    well it wasn't a foul. goalkeepers are giving too much protection in those situations. there's no way an attacking player can rise to head a ball without raising their arms. that instance the goalie actually dived towards terry/campball.
    Terry was clearly pushing the goalie away. I think we need someone with a perfect knowledge of the regulations.

Of course, we all would have liked to see that goal accepted but that doesn't justify the goal.

ReputationRep:
    THE REF! He was bl**dy biased! What does he ge a free villa in portugal now?! :rolleyes:

We didn't play our best but the ref was shite!

ReputationRep:
    ud fink after 1990, 1996, 1998 and however many other penalty shoot outs weve been in wed have learnt by now to have some sort of system. it was a goal, the keeper kinda jumped, fell, lost balance into terry and cambell. and ashley cole had a great game

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would blaim Sven. He made the same mistake as all Swedish football coaches always do (Im from Sweden btw) and played defensive. Asone of the norwegian commentators put it "Coward play is punished". You cant just score one goal and then expect that the other team is not going to be able to make a propper shot for the remaining 87 minutes.

Also, I must give it to James that he didnt try to psyche out the players the way Ricardo did. I did not really have that much respect for Ricardo when they won because the ref had to order him back into the goal twice during teh penalty kicks.

ReputationRep:
    Terry was clearly pushing the goalie away. I think we need someone with a perfect knowledge of the regulations.

Of course, we all would have liked to see that goal accepted but that doesn't justify the goal.
    the goalie flailed in terrys direction and fell into terrys hand. did no1 else see how insanely high campbell jumped?

ReputationRep:
    I'm suggesting another group of culprits: the players' wives.
    I'm sure they don't follow the "no hanky panky before the match" rule

ReputationRep:

I think your the only one who thinks that it shouldnt of been a goal. Even all the experts say it was a clear goal. You cant even call them bias since alan hansen is scottish so f*ck off

ReputationRep:
    You clearly didn't learn your lesson that a 1-goal advantage isn't enough like when you played against France. If you were comfortably ahead beforehand, then any mistakes or decisions made against you would have been no problem. But you got punished and robbed in the most evil way.

So unlucky.....

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.