Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who is to blame? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Also, I must give it to James that he didnt try to psyche out the players the way Ricardo did. I did not really have that much respect for Ricardo when they won because the ref had to order him back into the goal twice during teh penalty kicks.
    Yeah, what was with the Portuguese guys pausing in their run-ups; I thought that wasn't allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    we need a new captain. a new leader. i'd nominate sol campball- ****ing class that game
    I second that. campbell has been consistantly good for years. he is the most experienced player on the team and arguably the best. no-one else can claim this. beckham has let the nation down this tournament, not one moment of inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but ultimately.. we could have won in the penalties but we didn't. It's silly to start trying to place blame on anyone because no one person is responsible. Rooney? That terry guy whose wife went into premature labour because maybe he would have scored..? If england was a better team and played like they did in the last bit of extra time in the actual match, then they wouldnt have been knocked out. But as it was, they were and portugal go through. Which is nice, it is their country after all!!

I think football's pretty silly to be honest in the way it's become too international. I don't mean I don't like international football because I do.. I just don't think it's good the way players from english teams go off and play for france (thierry henry) and beckham comes back to play for us. It's too much about money and buying players if you ask me. It's confusing. If a player trains & plays for a football team in a country (henry, england) then they should play football for that country!!!

Then we wouldnt have had becks and we would have had henry. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I'm suggesting another group of culprits: the players' wives.
    I'm sure they don't follow the "no hanky panky before the match" rule
    ha have you seen frank lampard's girfriend ..awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Personally I would blaim Sven. He made the same mistake as all Swedish football coaches always do (Im from Sweden btw) and played defensive. Asone of the norwegian commentators put it "Coward play is punished". You cant just score one goal and then expect that the other team is not going to be able to make a propper shot for the remaining 87 minutes.

Also, I must give it to James that he didnt try to psyche out the players the way Ricardo did. I did not really have that much respect for Ricardo when they won because the ref had to order him back into the goal twice during teh penalty kicks.
    That's exactly the impression I got. Good to see my opinion isn't totally unfounded and that you scandinavians agree.
    We had the ability of scoring other goals but just in case Portugal might score we decided to play like cowards as you said. We had a 1-0 lead, we should have used that instead of defending during the WHOLE second half.
    That's the kind of tactic some country like the Faroe Islands or Liechstensein would use against a bigger country. It's not a tactic England has to use against Portugal
    Then again, I'm sure Eriksson isn't a total idiot and maybe if he hadn't chosen that tactic, there would have been even more Portuguese goals but it didn't seem like that to me.
    And we really missed Scholes and Rooney during the second half. You could feel there was no way we would score except with a lot of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    ha have you seen frank lampard's girfriend ..awesome
    Post a pic! I'm sick of seeing those greasy hair players that look like monkeys.
    Rooney's girlfriend isn't disgusting either. But she's no supermodel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    shut up, you complain about racism and you post this. i hate the hooliganism but i honestly can say i dont care if you get a brink through your window tonight. your sick in the head, saying this when the whole of england is broken. do you have no morals. and i know thinking this way is not something we both longed for but we're stuck in roles as each other's antipoles.
    too right

Mod Expression - Language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    You clearly didn't learn your lesson that a 1-goal advantage isn't enough like when you played against France. If you were comfortably ahead beforehand, then any mistakes or decisions made against you would have been no problem. But you got punished and robbed in the most evil way.

So unlucky.....
    f*ck off and go and gloat in your own little world.

luck had nothing to do with it, bad reffing is the reason. collina would never have made such a bad judgement.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly didn't learn your lesson that a 1-goal advantage isn't enough like when you played against France. If you were comfortably ahead beforehand, then any mistakes or decisions made against you would have been no problem. But you got punished and robbed in the most evil way.

So unlucky.....
    I have to agree with you on that point...
    It was just stupid and Jonatan, who apparently is Swedish, got the same impression.
    If there's something that I learnt in this game is that that tactic is so flawed.
    When you have a 1-0 lead, you take advantage of the fact, some of the pressure has gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I have to agree with you on that point...
    It was just stupid and Jonatan, who apparently is Swedish, got the same impression.
    If there's something that I learnt in this game is that that tactic is so flawed.
    When you have a 1-0 lead, you take advantage of the fact, some of the pressure has gone.
    I dont care about the portugese pressure. We survived it and then were robbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Yeah but ultimately.. we could have won in the penalties but we didn't. It's silly to start trying to place blame on anyone because no one person is responsible. Rooney? That terry guy whose wife went into premature labour because maybe he would have scored..? If england was a better team and played like they did in the last bit of extra time in the actual match, then they wouldnt have been knocked out. But as it was, they were and portugal go through. Which is nice, it is their country after all!!

I think football's pretty silly to be honest in the way it's become too international. I don't mean I don't like international football because I do.. I just don't think it's good the way players from english teams go off and play for france (thierry henry) and beckham comes back to play for us. It's too much about money and buying players if you ask me. It's confusing. If a player trains & plays for a football team in a country (henry, england) then they should play football for that country!!!

Then we wouldnt have had becks and we would have had henry. Yay!
    Do you have no emotion? no patriotism? get a brain

ReputationRep:
    sven lifted the pre match sex ban!
    http://www.megastar.co.uk/meganews/n...I5MTEwMDY.html

ReputationRep:

So unlucky.....
    i agree, we maybe invited them to attack too much

but the point is we scored a perfectly legit goal regardless of possesion, we were cheated by a ref who liked to favour the home nation, simple as.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, what was with the Portuguese guys pausing in their run-ups; I thought that wasn't allowed?
    of course it is

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I'm enjoying this. Come on guys, accept that you lost.
    Portugal is Crap only reason you won is cos home turf and blind ref, chek republic will whip your ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    france to lose next
    Who cares, England are out.

ReputationRep:
    No **** sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rts)
    of course it is
    Oh. Someone told me it wasn't. Stupid them :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    seiously, now you're being a ******. this has now stopped being about patriotism and started being about you disliking us. this is precisely what will be happening in portugal except in portugal i would be able to give you a knuckle supper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol - you wonder why people get their faces smashed in? :rolleyes:
    He's only jealous...I'm not sure what of...but he is!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.