Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oh. Someone told me it wasn't. Stupid them :rolleyes:
    it's illegal for the goalie to move off his line before the penalty is hit though. maybe you're getting them mixed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol - you wonder why people get their faces smashed in? :rolleyes:
    I can understand your frustration. It's quite normal, especially when your team has just lost in a major football event. You'll get over it in a day or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    I can understand your frustration. It's quite normal, especially when your team has just lost in a major football event. You'll get over it in a day or two.
    this is true but we shouldnt have to.

what you're doing is like walking into an english pub and ripping the piss. you wouldnt walk out alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rustyk1)
    this is true but we shouldnt have to.

what you're doing is like walking into an english pub and ripping the piss. you wouldnt walk out alive.
    oh thats not true, chidori, do it. people would think its just a bit of a laugh, they would understand where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    sven lifted the pre match sex ban!
    http://www.megastar.co.uk/meganews/n...I5MTEwMDY.html
    LOL and I was only joking about that!

You could tell the England players weren't as aggressive as the Portuguese. They were just a bit too relaxed whereas Ronaldo was like a 13 year old who hasn't spanked the monkey for 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I have watched whole match with my broken heart.

Owen's score bring short happy to me ,but I was begun worry about England team when Rooney went off.

After almost relentless pressure, Portugal finally levelled in the 83rd minute when Hélder Postiga headed in Simão Sabrosa's cross. Then it was the turn of Portugal's third substitute Rui Costa, who beat David James with a sumptuous strike from 25 metres in the 110th minute. England were briefly down but not out and Frank Lampard sent the match to penalties when he got on the end of John Terry's knockdown after 115 minutes.

I don't know why didn't England team attack to Portugal team . they just always defence defence defence!!!!!

Don't they understand that the best defence is offence ?

when two teams into spot-kick I had bad feeling .

Beckham lost frist one .I knew England team will lose this game .

if England team always offence Portugal team ,

if Beckham didn't lose the first chance ,

if Rooney didn't go off ,

maybe it is another result.

but it is too later .

Anyways , they did their best in 120 minutes.it is a wonderful game. we can not blame this young team more .

we will see them in 2006 world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    oh thats not true, chidori, do it. people would think its just a bit of a laugh, they would understand where you're coming from.
    actually, yes, i see what you mean, i think they would take it with the best of humour. i would advie the center of birmingham or london for the warmest response.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for supporting England! It's good to see that there are people in China (I know that the England team is quite popular in South East Asia) who support England. I had to go to a bar where most people were supporting the Portuguese apart from one or two Polish friends.

(Original post by haiwei0567)
    I have watched whole match with my broken heart.

Owen's score bring short happy to me ,but I was begun worry about England team when Rooney went off.

After almost relentless pressure, Portugal finally levelled in the 83rd minute when Hélder Postiga headed in Simão Sabrosa's cross. Then it was the turn of Portugal's third substitute Rui Costa, who beat David James with a sumptuous strike from 25 metres in the 110th minute. England were briefly down but not out and Frank Lampard sent the match to penalties when he got on the end of John Terry's knockdown after 115 minutes.

I don't know why didn't England team attack to Portugal team . they just always defence defence defence!!!!!

Don't they understand that the best defence is offence ?

when two teams into spot-kick I had bad feeling .

Beckham lost frist one .I knew England team will lose this game .

if England team always offence Portugal team ,

if Beckham didn't lose the first chance ,

if Rooney didn't go off ,

maybe it is another result.

but it is too later .

Anyways , they did their best in 120 minutes.it is a wonderful game. we can not blame this young team more .

we will see them in 2006 world

ReputationRep:
    ENGLAND ARE THE BEST IN EUROPE - NITE NITE ALL!
    That's what you can dream about but it's not reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    That's what you can dream about but it's not reality.
    i now understand. you're not english, or if you are then ur not patriotic. you wouldnt understand the passion and emotion that we feel for football.

ReputationRep:
    SHURRUP FROGGY
    Who's a froggy? I want France to lose tomorrow. Just so my mates can't make fun of me. Doesn't look likely to happen though.

ReputationRep:
    all i can say is, well doen ashley cole and sol campbell, they were the best england players.

hargreaves was awful, he gave away the ball far too much. likewise most of the england midfield.

and i hate it when england resort to long balls over the top. they still haven't learnt that it doesn't work!

ReputationRep:
    actually, yes, i see what you mean, i think they would take it with the best of humour. i would advie the center of birmingham or london for the warmest response.
    yeah, especially hounslow in london, oh i can see you quite popular there.

ReputationRep:
    Skinner and Baddiel Show:

Skinner: "Don't you reckon Rooney's Irish?"

Baddiel: "Does he play useless long balls though?"

ReputationRep:
    To me it seems like the england fans are really blaming the ref for the loss..I dont know if it was a goal or no but regardless england had the game in their hands 3 minutes in....If you score one goal and expect to win then ur crazy....Yeah maybe it should have been a goal but it wasnt so you get on with it and if you really deserve the win then you score another one, which england couldnt do..that is whats to blam..Portugal honestly deserved the win..even in OT Portugal played their hearts out while England was constantly on defence...Obviously Im a portugal fan and Im elated but I stated the facts...I saw a shirt that said it all..If you don't want the €uro you can't have the Euro! FORÇA TUGAS!

ReputationRep:
    i now understand. you're not english, or if you are then ur not patriotic. you wouldnt understand the passion and emotion that we feel for football.
    LOL watch out mate. I'm probably more English than you (well maybe not but you catch my drift). There's a lot more to English culture than soccer. There are plenty of other great British sports we're good at: rugby, rowing, squash, sailing, the list is really long.

I'm not much of a football fan just like a lot of people here but I probably have more knowledge about pre-1990 soccer than anyone here. I just fell out with soccer when I was in high school.

And I'm more patriotic than the lot of you put together. I've worked a lot with the British consulate abroad, I'm fascinated by British history.

And to finish off, I don't care much about English nationalism. I'm a British citizen so up yours.

ReputationRep:
    England are just plain crap simple enough! I mean its always about the English isn't it! You know its quite funny how many of the top Premiership teams consists of mostly foreign players and your all saying, oh yeah, this is player is good & so on, yet when it comes to International games, LOL, quite funny how opinions change when they are against your home country.

You know I would like to walk into a pub and just rip the piss out of English supporters. Not to casual friendly fans cause they are okay, but to those that are your usual yobbing ******s that cause too much trouble. And if you think I would get my arse kicked, HA you'll be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    all i can say is, well doen ashley cole and sol campbell, they were the best england players.

hargreaves was awful, he gave away the ball far too much. likewise most of the england midfield.

and i hate it when england resort to long balls over the top. they still haven't learnt that it doesn't work!
    Yep - couldn't agree more. Well said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phatjayunoi)
    England are just plain crap simple enough! I mean its always about the English isn't it! You know its quite funny how many of the top Premiership teams consists of mostly foreign players and your all saying, oh yeah, this is player is good & so on, yet when it comes to International games, LOL, quite funny how opinions change when they are against your home country.

You know I would like to walk into a pub and just rip the piss out of English supporters. Not to casual friendly fans cause they are okay, but to those that are your usual yobbing ******s that cause too much trouble. And if you think I would get my arse kicked, HA you'll be wrong.
    England won the game, it was a legit goal.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, everyone was like 'Go on Rooney' and stuff. Now it seems the opposite, heavily criticising their own team.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.