Who is to blame? Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Pablo~
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Is anyone here blaming them? Beckham has been below par for most of the tournament, but I'm not blaming him for tonight.
my statement was based on the poll results
haiwei0567
Report 14 years ago
we should not blame to people now . nobody want to lose the game at first . They did their best . It is a great game .
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Pablo~)
my statement was based on the poll results
Damn yeah, hadn't looked at them. Beckham shouldn't have missed that penalty, but with those circumstances, it can hardly be his fault.
shing_a_ding
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
******* bias ****** referee in my opinion.
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
Firstly, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knows the worst player to pull on an England shirt is HESKEY.
Secondly, yes, it was the refs fault. At the end of the day, bad playing aside, and everything else aside, if that goal had been allowed, which it should have been...WE WOULD HAVE WON. End of story. This is why everyone is so pissed off. The ref was biased and you could tell from the start. The England players were probably too scared to tackle anyone, cos they knew the whistle would be blown. What was the point? How could we ever have a fair game with a ref like that?
Thirdly, no, it was not Vassells fault. If you're going to blame any player then blame Beckham, who played like a f*cking fairy the whole time. And not just in this game either. He should spend less time being a tart on concentrate on his football skills.
Forthly, it's a shame that Ashley Cole's fantastic defending wont be recognised like it should because it is overshadowed but some complete **** of a ref.
Fifthly, I can't help feeling this would all have been different if Rooney hadn't been injured......like....the chaos theory...or...somthing. He must be gutted.
chidori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yea, but even if Campbell did score that goal, there was still a minute left plus stoppage time for Portugal to equalise again.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well sorry but it's not a footie match that should affect anyone's pride in their country.
I was really really disappointed too. I was just hoping that something good would happen but it didn't... but from the start of the second half, you could sense England hadn't chosen the right tactic. You could feel that imminent goal from the Portuguese.

The UK produces great music, great litterature, decent movies that people all over the world admire. As for sports, we have excellent athletes (there's hardly any competition in Europe for British sprinting), we're good at golf, rowing, sailing, England are the rugby world champions (OK we got thrashed in NZ), and we even have a few good/average tennis players. And we created football. At least that's something to be proud of.
There's so much more to being English or even British than supporting a football team.
Plus there's always the 2006 World Cup to look forward to. I'm sure we'll have a better team than in 2002.

Oh what the f***, who am I kidding, we truly suck.
tim2
Report 14 years ago
the ref, simple as/
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
A minute plus stoppage time? what planet are you on loser? We'd stopped them getting a goal for an hour, I really don't think we are that **** to let it go in what..4 mins?
Phatjayunoi
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
A minute plus stoppage time? what planet are you on loser? We'd stopped them getting a goal for an hour, I really don't think we are that **** to let it go in what..4 mins?
Well Portugal could have pulled a France on England . And remember what happened then! I know its different but things can happen!
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
I don't think anywhere in the world is as passionate about football as the English. Say what you like, I know it's true. At any game it's always the England fans you can hear...even if they are outnumbered.
MC_2k4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but what bloddy good do they do?
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
Portugal COULD have pulled a France on England (and I'll give you that one, seen as though the ref was probably creaming his pants at the thought) but also, England COULD have scored again in injury time, couldn't they? England could have scored 5 goals and had it in the bag.
Could, could, could....DIDNT DIDNT DIDNT.
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look, I know you are deeply upset but there's no need to call me a 'loser'.
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
what do you mean, what good do they do? what the f*ck do you expect them to do?!!!!! they are football fans. Jesus H Christ. They are there to sing and chant and want England to win. They aint there to manage the bloody team are they? I expect you would like a couple of the fans to jump off the stand, score a couple of goals as well?
Phatjayunoi
Report 14 years ago
I expect you would like a couple of the fans to jump off the stand, score a couple of goals as well?
Well maybe they can score more than the crappy England players
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
I wasn't calling you a loser. I'm just annoyed. I was subconsciously called the ref a loser, ok? And I'm not deeply upset. I don't care.
GorgeousGeorge
Report 14 years ago
I doubt it VERY much.
maximusmak
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Were just ****
i second that, england lack talent and skill
Phatjayunoi
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by maximusmak)
i second that, england lack talent and skill
I third that!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (108)
79.41%
Leave (28)
20.59%

Watched Threads