Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phatjayunoi)
    I third that!
    i forth that, they dont have skill like some other european players. They play too simple, no fancy tricks i mean rooney did some. But rest cant.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, course they do. England lack the talent and skill to beat croatia and switzerland, 3 goals each. yeah, you can only do that if you completly lack talent and skill....
    MY ARSE...
    up 'til tonight it was all England. We were great, Rooney was wonderboy, life was good in the England camp. So, why are people saying we are **** when we had results like that?

ReputationRep:
    Owen has skill, you've seen it before, world cup and all that. you saw it tonight. That was an amazing goal. Just because he wasn't playing his best doesn't mean he is no longer his best. I reckon he'd had a fight with the missus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
    oh yeah, course they do. England lack the talent and skill to beat croatia and switzerland, 3 goals each. yeah, you can only do that if you completly lack talent and skill....
    MY ARSE...
    up 'til tonight it was all England. We were great, Rooney was wonderboy, life was good in the England camp. So, why are people saying we are **** when we had results like that?
    its cuz as soon as you are expected to win a game and you dnt then your guna get the telling off, and do you really think england would have won it even if they did win, i mean look at ther possible rivals, chec, holland, france, sweeden (who till today i cant remember when they beat them), c'mon, be serious mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
    MY ARSE...
    Only cause England require a young 'wonderboy' to score goals? Maybe I'm wrong and dont know the facts so what, don't give a crap about England anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    i second that, england lack talent and skill
    This could go on for ages but we certainly do not lack talent and skill. We might not be the best European team but there's plenty of skill there.
    The portuguese weren't impressive at all. They were fast but disorganised and all in all, played very sloppily.

We didn't even use the talent/skill we had to score goals so we'll never know if the talent of the England players is greater than the Portuguese. We didn't even play during half the match, just watched the Portuguese came at us. If Eriksson had decided otherwise, these same players would have launch some counter-attacks. It was obvious they were told not to.

ReputationRep:
    Damn portuguese coach substituted Figo, should have left him. The sub scored the 83rd minute goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    This could go on for ages but we certainly do not lack talent and skill. We might not be the best European team but there's plenty of skill there.
    The portuguese weren't impressive at all. They were fast but disorganised and all in all, played very sloppily.

We didn't even use the talent/skill we had to score goals so we'll never know if the talent of the England players is greater than the Portuguese. We didn't even play during half the match, just watched the Portuguese came at us. If Eriksson had decided otherwise, these same players would have launch some counter-attacks. It was obvious they were told not to.

But still, didnt you say before

'Oh what the f***, who am I kidding, we truly suck'

:P

ReputationRep:
    why is evry1 blaming beckham, he was under loadsa pressure and just choked et the end of the day. it was just a mistake he made

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry I am a portuguese fan so I have to say this....You cannot say that Portugal have no skill and they suck, etc. If England was as great as you all make them out to be, then the game would have been put away before it ever started, regardless of the ref. The fact is that the English let the Portuguese get back in the game and instead of moving on and winning after the so called "bad call" was made, they lost in Penalty kicks. They had the chance to win "fairly" according to the ref and they didnt. The ref was not biased at all..in fact there were plenty of "no calls" that would have favored Portugal. The game is over Portugal won. You cannot blame the loss on the ref or anyone else. England is a team and they either win as a team or lose as a team...today they lost.

If you don't want the €uro, you can't have the Euro!

ReputationRep:
    i agree portugal played much better. well done to england for a gritty performance and coming back when it seemed they were dead and buried.

portugal were all over england after rooney's unfortunate injury. portugal were the better side, just like when france dominated the first game and england couldn't even get possession. it was like 69/31% at one point, and ricardo didn't even need to touch the ball for 35 mins. gripping game though.

why is beckham so poor now?
    marital woes?

even lampard outshone him. they should have used dyer more.

ReputationRep:
    What sod chose a Swiss ref' for an England match!?!??!

I mean HELLO!?!??!?! We beat them just a week ago 3-0. The *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    What sod chose a Swiss ref' for an England match!?!??!

I mean HELLO!?!??!?! We beat them just a week ago 3-0. The *******
    i agree. we so should have had pierluigi Collina. he's a good ref, AND he's fair.

this ref was **** scared of getting lynched by the portugal home crowd if he didn't award nearly every decision their way.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason that I think England didn't play very well was that after Rooney got taken away (Bless his cottons) they got a bit panicky, I mean who won the last two matches for them? Well I mean with help from others?
    And everybody was battling to get a goal in too! At the end of the Croatia game didn't you see them all trying to get some glory!!!???

I think we get such a bad rep in football terms. I bet there was blood running in the streets of Lisbon last night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    The only reason that I think England didn't play very well was that after Rooney got taken away (Bless his cottons) they got a bit panicky, I mean who won the last two matches for them? Well I mean with help from others?
    And everybody was battling to get a goal in too! At the end of the Croatia game didn't you see them all trying to get some glory!!!???

I think we get such a bad rep in football terms. I bet there was blood running in the streets of Lisbon last night!
    how can 11 players expect ONE player who has only just turned adult to provide the passion and the spark for the entire team! it's a disgrace.... only ashley cole, sol campbell and john terry (at times) looked like they really wanted to win.

i love the way cole stitched up ronaldo the whole match though. he deserved to be man of the match. he was up and down the whole pitch for the entire match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    how can 11 players expect ONE player who has only just turned adult to provide the passion and the spark for the entire team! it's a disgrace.... only ashley cole, sol campbell and john terry (at times) looked like they really wanted to win.

i love the way cole stitched up ronaldo the whole match though. he deserved to be man of the match. he was up and down the whole pitch for the entire match
    They played brilliantly (Terry actually scored a penalty...didn't see that one coming!). But what I meant was that the FANS got a bit disillusioned ya know?

The Portugese were definetly fighting dirty, and they had earmarked certain people to hurt...Rooney's broken foot was not an accident....

ReputationRep:
    englands set up wasnt a good one
    they had all their players playing defence, then one player at the front who if was lucky would receive the goal and score.
    the portugease were bound to score, which they did.
    i reckon i would blame beckham at the penalties stage though.

ReputationRep:
    Beckham. He was totally crap through the whole match.

ReputationRep:
    Something is bugging Beckham something chronic, it's kind of worrying because he's a brilliant captain but his football has nearly all but vanished.

I found out why we lost.

God/Allah/Jim'll Fix It/Other religous figurehead is obviously Portugese..
    So thus....
    We blame them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bass Dude)
    Beckham. He was totally crap through the whole match.
    I met Bruce Dickenson and Adrian Smith once and had lovely conversations with them without having a clue who I was talking to until afterwards. Bruce told me about flying a plane!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.