Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hillary clinton netted hundreds of thousands of dollars per Wall-Street speech Watch

ReputationRep:
    Goldman-sachs , companies et al

Hillary Clinton is perhaps one of the most flip-flop candidates i have ever seen. While Donald Trump is certianly no angel, and while he himself said good things about her and supported her to some extent in the past, if you look at what donald trump has been saying - as outlandish as it is- he's been pretty consistent with his political views. He's mostly self-funded - though not entirely self-funded by the way. He's a threat to self interest, lobbyists, donors, et al. I'm a muslim by the way.

I'm going to make my biases clear here. I'm endorsing Bernie Sanders, but i try to be as fair and as objective as i can.

Now, most of us would probably agree that Wall Street, Goldmansachs, are profit interested organizations. I'm not saying it's evil to seek profit, by it would be absolutely naive to assume that these organizations have not only put in tens of millions of dollars via super-pacs (corrupt billionare buying campaigns), but have paid Hillary clinton hundreds of thousands of dollars PER speech she gave to wall-street, and she gave a few of these.

Now, i want to know, why doesn't Hillary, who claims she is very tough on wall-street, release these speeches? If after all, she is truthful, honest, and has nothing to hide, why would she fear to do so?

The reason is plain and clear. She has a lot to hide, flip-flops in policies, goes where the money is, and if those speeches were released, it would seriously dent her.

As always, we get people playing this down. Some may be agents, and some may genuinely be individuals who believe in their opinion, and they have a right to hold it.

However, let's summarize it again:

1. Goldman sachs paid her around 225,000 US dollars for a ONE hour speech, and she gives a few of these for similar sums! Who pays someone that kind of money unless to influence and underhandedly bribe. She made 675,000 dollars from three speeches to Goldmansachs! For three hours of work! - ofcourse, it's not going to influence her.

2. These are profit interesed companies, looking to influence policy, no-one is seriously naive enough to believe they give out of the goodness of their own heart!

3. Hillary clinton claims she is tough on them, but why is she so reluctant to release the transcripts of her talks?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate a playa for gettin' paid.

Better than whining about gender inequality at a dusty bookstore in a trendy, middle-class suburb.

ReputationRep:
    Wall Street has made Hillary Clinton a millionaire.
    As Clinton tries to talk tough about how she will stand up to America's biggest banks, her Democratic rivals are likely to remind voters just how cozy she's been with Wall Street.
    Clinton made $3.15 million in 2013 alone from speaking to firms like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and UBS, according to the list her campaign released of her speaking fees.

"Her closeness with big banks on Wall Street is sincere, it's heart-felt, long-established and well known," former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has said on the campaign trail.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/13/inve...n-wall-street/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryBeTrippin)
    Don't hate a playa for gettin' paid.

Better than whining about gender inequality at a dusty bookstore in a trendy, middle-class suburb.
    Lol. Ofcourse, i just don't want her to then claim she's fair or impartial or that the millions of dollars from billionare's doesn't influence her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Lol. Ofcourse, i just don't want her to then claim she's fair or impartial or that the millions of dollars from billionare's doesn't influence her.
    Generally:

Hilary is bought by large corporations..

Bernie Sanders is bought by the people.

Hilary relies on less people to stay in power than Bernie Sanders.

Guess who is in a better position?

Yeah, Hilary.

And Putin's conduct shows wealthy people can be discarded with relative ease.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Should Hillary Clinton release the transcripts of speeches inwhich she netted millions of dollars commulatively speaking?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.