Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This has been going on since late last year, I need some tests done on my heart since during my medical he said I have a low heart rate. My GP says I need to pay for the tests to be done privately! The tests are an ecg and an echo cardio gram. (Which I thought was the same thing). Has anyone else needed or ever had to pay for treatment to pass the medical? Can I not just get it through the NHS? The tests cost around 350 pounds also which I don't have to just pay like that.

My Uncle is a Wing Commander at Cranwell and says I should never have to pay for anything. So I don't know what to do as capita said they would also not pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    Get an official letter from the RAF of what they require, take it to your NHs doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rhys,

I had the same thing. I tried to get the tests done on the NHS but the waiting list was so long that I decided to fork out for them privately. Its ridiculous, but I was told that if I left it longer than 3 months i'd have my application binned. Upon completion of testing though, I sent everything I needed to send and it moved reasonably quickly (about 3 weeks from send date).

Go see your GP and be very clear about the time constraints. Depending on where you are in the country you might have better luck or less of a wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.