100 books to read... before leaving primary school!?

Watch
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I read a lot in primary school, but I would have found the thought of reading all 100 of these quite daunting:

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news...hool-%E2%80%93

Edit: although having said that, some like the Hungry Caterpillar I could read in about 5 mins.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Captain Jack)
I read a lot in primary school, but I would have found the thought of reading all 100 of these quite daunting:

Edit: although having said that, some like the Hungry Caterpillar I could read in about 5 mins.
"The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis"

This is like... 7 books or something....
Anna-Jack-Hope
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've read about 38 of them and I basically spent my entire pre-university life sat in my room reading! Most of these lists I've usually read a substantially larger percentage. None of my friends would have read anywhere near that.... Might challenge my niece....
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've read 43 out of the list :woo:

There are 36 Asterix books, but it's listed as one...

35 Mr Men books....

I question this list....

Also no Harry Potter?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I read the lord of the rings.

Like a pro
Asuna Yuuki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember Skulduggery Pleasant was my favourite book series back in primary school :cute:

Come to think of it, I kinda wanna finish the collection (I have 7 of them) :3
FriendlyPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why no Asimov on the list?
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What kind of weird kid reads The Weirdstone of Brisingamen at all, much less before the age of 11?
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I work in a library and every time a customers account comes up I also see how many books they've previously taken out from the library. One of the highest numbers I'd ever seen was for a 10 year old. She'd read over 1000 books from the library. Her parents actually asked if I had any recommendations and my normal go to responses such as Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, she'd read years ago.

Thankfully she was just about old enough I felt comfortable recommending slightly more mature books like Sabriel, and His Dark Materials.
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh my god so many memories of beautiful series :cry2:

Eragon.. Wolf Brother.. My childhood..
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would add Captain Underpants to that list

Great fun and encouraged me to be creative and make my own comics xD
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have only read like 5-6 books from that list. But I bet some of these I have never completed.
However there are some which I have read some of it and others where im not sure if I read it or not.
clarz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Was anyone else into the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz? I remember loving it and Horowitz was on Blue Peter one time!

Thought I would relive and just found the first book is on Amazon's daily deals so is only £1.19 today. Not bad at all....https://www.pricedropdonkey.com/go/c/2383155?
clarz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol I i know it's not on the list but it just got me thinking haha
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's the top 100 different recommendations made when individual teachers were surveyed, rather than an actual reading list :ahee:

Glad to see my two favourite books from primary school, The Hobbit and Artemis Fowl, make it into the top 25
Captain Jack
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I think it's the top 100 different recommendations made when individual teachers were surveyed, rather than an actual reading list :ahee:

Glad to see my two favourite books from primary school, The Hobbit and Artemis Fowl, make it into the top 25
I loved the Hobbit. Not sure I've read Artemis Fowl
balanced
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Student403)
Oh my god so many memories of beautiful series :cry2:

Eragon.. Wolf Brother.. My childhood..
You think? Inheritance cycle [14 reads] wolf brother [1, maybe 2] Was a while ago. Yeah... gg childhood.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by balanced)
You think? Inheritance cycle [14 reads] wolf brother [1, maybe 2] Was a while ago. Yeah... gg childhood.
Amazing series :moon: wolf brother was awesome
balanced
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Student403)
Amazing series :moon: wolf brother was awesome
fav character from inheritance cycle? Mine's Tenga, he'll re-appear and is probably the most powerful character.
Platopus
Report 4 years ago

I've most of those, but they are missing the books I enjoyed most in Primary school. Where is the Lord of the Rings? Anne of Green Gables? Northern Lights? And Harry Potter?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (117)
47.95%
Take exams next summer (33)
13.52%
Change uni choice through clearing (63)
25.82%
Apply to uni next year instead (20)
8.2%
I'm not applying to university (11)
4.51%

Watched Threads