Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100 books to read... before leaving primary school!? Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I read a lot in primary school, but I would have found the thought of reading all 100 of these quite daunting:

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news...hool-%E2%80%93

Edit: although having said that, some like the Hungry Caterpillar I could read in about 5 mins.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I read a lot in primary school, but I would have found the thought of reading all 100 of these quite daunting:

Edit: although having said that, some like the Hungry Caterpillar I could read in about 5 mins.
    "The Chronicles of Narnia by C S Lewis"

This is like... 7 books or something....

ReputationRep:
    I've read about 38 of them and I basically spent my entire pre-university life sat in my room reading! Most of these lists I've usually read a substantially larger percentage. None of my friends would have read anywhere near that.... Might challenge my niece....
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I've read 43 out of the list :woo:

There are 36 Asterix books, but it's listed as one...

35 Mr Men books....

I question this list....

Also no Harry Potter?

ReputationRep:
    I read the lord of the rings.

Like a pro

ReputationRep:
    I remember Skulduggery Pleasant was my favourite book series back in primary school :cute:

Come to think of it, I kinda wanna finish the collection (I have 7 of them) :3

Why no Asimov on the list?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of weird kid reads The Weirdstone of Brisingamen at all, much less before the age of 11?

ReputationRep:

I work in a library and every time a customers account comes up I also see how many books they've previously taken out from the library. One of the highest numbers I'd ever seen was for a 10 year old. She'd read over 1000 books from the library. Her parents actually asked if I had any recommendations and my normal go to responses such as Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, she'd read years ago.

Thankfully she was just about old enough I felt comfortable recommending slightly more mature books like Sabriel, and His Dark Materials.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god so many memories of beautiful series :cry2:

Eragon.. Wolf Brother.. My childhood..

ReputationRep:
    I would add Captain Underpants to that list

Great fun and encouraged me to be creative and make my own comics xD

ReputationRep:
    I have only read like 5-6 books from that list. But I bet some of these I have never completed.
    However there are some which I have read some of it and others where im not sure if I read it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else into the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz? I remember loving it and Horowitz was on Blue Peter one time!

Thought I would relive and just found the first book is on Amazon's daily deals so is only £1.19 today. Not bad at all....https://www.pricedropdonkey.com/go/c/2383155?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I i know it's not on the list but it just got me thinking haha

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the top 100 different recommendations made when individual teachers were surveyed, rather than an actual reading list :ahee:

Glad to see my two favourite books from primary school, The Hobbit and Artemis Fowl, make it into the top 25
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I think it's the top 100 different recommendations made when individual teachers were surveyed, rather than an actual reading list :ahee:

Glad to see my two favourite books from primary school, The Hobbit and Artemis Fowl, make it into the top 25
    I loved the Hobbit. Not sure I've read Artemis Fowl
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oh my god so many memories of beautiful series :cry2:

Eragon.. Wolf Brother.. My childhood..
    You think? Inheritance cycle [14 reads] wolf brother [1, maybe 2] Was a while ago. Yeah... gg childhood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    You think? Inheritance cycle [14 reads] wolf brother [1, maybe 2] Was a while ago. Yeah... gg childhood.
    Amazing series :moon: wolf brother was awesome
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Student403)
    Amazing series :moon: wolf brother was awesome
    fav character from inheritance cycle? Mine's Tenga, he'll re-appear and is probably the most powerful character.

I've most of those, but they are missing the books I enjoyed most in Primary school. Where is the Lord of the Rings? Anne of Green Gables? Northern Lights? And Harry Potter?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.