Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of your friends have views which you hate? watch

As above

Do you have any friends whose views make your blood boil/feel shocked?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    One of my friends is very pro-guns, and I'm the complete opposite.

ReputationRep:
    One of my acquaintances is really racist against black people even though he's half St Lucian. That's about it I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Thank God I'm not friends with this person anymore but they believed that Islam was the 'Terrorists' Religion'.

ReputationRep:
    Well no or I wouldn't be friends with them. Hate is a strong word.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can a few really left-authoritarian friends.
    I get on with them fine, but their politics make my blood boil.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends thinks that if she had a child who came out as gay and started a physical relationship then she would disown them and refuse to support them.

Her justification? She has full faith in her religion and that disowning them would make them realise their sin and make them come back so they can get to heaven.

Her views sicken me tbh. She blindly follows a religion and apparently that matters more than your own child's happiness.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    One of my friends is American. Supports UKIP here, believes gays shouldn't have rights, is against immigration (even though he can't do a masters because of visa issues), etc etc

ReputationRep:
    one of my not any more friends has horrendous morals.
    she can bearly keep hold of her kids (social services have extreme involvement)
    she cant decide between 1 of 2 men (both of which she has cheated on with the other, one is the father to one of her 3 kids)
    she keeps ending it with one then swapping with the other yet claims to love them both
    she fell pregnant for like the 6th time (after aborting the previous 2)
    started smoking legal highs, this hospitalised her which caused them to abort her baby, she nearly died
    got released, told everyone not to smoke that shiit as its bad bla bla bla says she regrets doing it
    starts smoking it again with in 2 weeks of saying its bad
    pregnant again after ending it with the kids dad who stood by her whilst being in hospital just to get with the other guy

needless to say im not friends with her anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    One of my friends thinks that if she had a child who came out as gay and started a physical relationship then she would disown them and refuse to support them.

Her justification? She has full faith in her religion and that disowning them would make them realise their sin and make them come back so they can get to heaven.

Her views sicken me tbh. She blindly follows a religion and apparently that matters more than your own child's happiness.
    Why are you friends with such a foul person?

I couldn't tolerate such ignorance myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Why are you friends with such a foul person?

I couldn't tolerate such ignorance myself.
    We were friendly with each other at the start of the year. When she told me that though, I was simply disgusted. She was complaining about her 5 year old nephew liking pink and Disney princesses instead of blue and Transformers. When I told her to leave him be because he was just a kid, she said that she knew best.

She's very big headed but tbh after what she said I can't see her in the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I have a religious friend who I remember being slightly homophobic in school, she doesn't know I'm gay and I'm to scared to tell her tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I have a religious friend who I remember being slightly homophobic in school, she doesn't know I'm gay and I'm to scared to tell her tbh
    If she refuses to accept you then you've dodged a bullet bebs

ReputationRep:
    If she refuses to accept you then you've dodged a bullet bebs
    I know, it's just strange thinking of not having her in my life, even then I could be worrying over nothing, like I said those were her views in school and they may have changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I know, it's just strange thinking of not having her in my life, even then I could be worrying over nothing, like I said those were her views in school and they may have changed
    They probs would have. Just ask casually what she thinks of gay people haha

ReputationRep:
    They probs would have. Just ask casually what she thinks of gay people haha
    Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    We were friendly with each other at the start of the year. When she told me that though, I was simply disgusted. She was complaining about her 5 year old nephew liking pink and Disney princesses instead of blue and Transformers. When I told her to leave him be because he was just a kid, she said that she knew best.

She's very big headed but tbh after what she said I can't see her in the same way.
    i bought my son a toy buggy the christmas before last because he liked to push things around in it. they also like disney things and pink things and my 5 year old likes to watch shimmer and shine on the kids channels
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'd find it hard to be friends with someone who has views that I detest. (That said, my sister and I are very different in terms of our political views, lol :eek: I'm just like, how are we even related?! :eyeball: )

I have views that some of my friends detest though, mwahahahaha :devil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i bought my son a toy buggy the christmas before last because he liked to push things around in it. they also like disney things and pink things and my 5 year old likes to watch shimmer and shine on the kids channels
    Apparently my friend thinks that it's a sign that he'll be gay when he's older and so she wants to knock it out of him.. As if you can.

He's only young once and if he wants to play with a Barbie and likes pink, fine. Parents should stop worrying so much about what others would think of their kids.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently my friend thinks that it's a sign that he'll be gay when he's older and so she wants to knock it out of him.. As if you can.

He's only young once and if he wants to play with a Barbie and likes pink, fine. Parents should stop worrying so much about what others would think of their kids.
    i encourage it and would be more then happy if any of my boys turned out gay, so long as safe sex was practised.
    maybe thats just because of my own sexuality though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.