Turn on thread page Beta

Do any of your friends have views which you hate? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i encourage it and would be more then happy if any of my boys turned out gay, so long as safe sex was practised.
    maybe thats just because of my own sexuality though
    Same.. I think it's a bigger problem with Asian families and African ones. My friend's gay and when he came out to his parents, they kicked him out and he lived with his grandparents (who were surprisingly liberal about it).

I'm Asian myself and I wouldn't care at all if my child was gay. As long as he was happy, I'd be fine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't think I could become good friends with someone whose views I hate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do, thanks!
    I used to bully this guy who was the epitome of a stereotypical gay (we didn't know for sure if he was but turns out he was) in high school. Him being so camp was literally the reason we bullied him. All the insults, throwing pencils at the back of head in classes... And when we had to be more subtle bits of rubber... Tripping him up... It sucked man and in hindsight I hate that that was me as I'm so not like that anymore.

Also in hindsight, looking at his pictures on facebook now I'd probably **** him if I was suitably inebriated to allow myself to have casual sex with someone :P

Maturity from 14-18 to 20+ is pretty wild for most folks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Same.. I think it's a bigger problem with Asian families and African ones. My friend's gay and when he came out to his parents, they kicked him out and he lived with his grandparents (who were surprisingly liberal about it).

I'm Asian myself and I wouldn't care at all if my child was gay. As long as he was happy, I'd be fine.
    Your culture is likely very different from your parents though. Not really raised in the same world tbh.

I don't hate their views or anything tbh i'm kind of indifferent but i have two friends who are friends with each other and one is rather left and the other is rather right (she isn't 'racist' 'homophobic' before anyone says otherwise i wouldn't associate with her ) anyway we have to do this debate thing in form times and it is so awkward being in the middle of them argue over politics
    oh and one of them never shuts up about the American Election lol which gets a bit tiring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Your culture is likely very different from your parents though. Not really raised in the same world tbh.
    My dad's been in the country for about 40 years but he's old school.

My mum was born and raised in India to very conservative parents.

It's sad that both of them view it as disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    That men should pay / dote over and be the breadwinner of women. Dumbass

Some of my friends believe that women shouldn't have equal rights to men (despite being women themselves) and that women should stick to the role of a housewife. They literally look at me with disgust when I say I'd like to develop a career while I have kids.

ReputationRep:

my parents dont know im bisexual, iv thought about it but i just cba with it

ReputationRep:
    My dad's been in the country for about 40 years but he's old school.

My mum was born and raised in India to very conservative parents.

It's sad that both of them view it as disgusting.
    Yeah but I mean the views that other peers at school and even your teacher's will have had - the politicians in the media. It's not a country vs country thing.

The culture of working class men 40 years ago vs now is very different and so I have a very different view of the world from my dad and you from yours no doubt despite spending so much time in the same country.

Granted most of our views are formed when we are very young so how long someone has been in a country after they've been raised in another doesn't really matter much :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    Thank God I'm not friends with this person anymore but they believed that Islam was the 'Terrorists' Religion'.
    It is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    It is.
    Then you're deluded.

ReputationRep:
    Then you're deluded.
    Well its certainly not the irish....

ReputationRep:
    Then you're deluded.
    prsom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Yeah, I can a few really left-authoritarian friends.
    I get on with them fine, but their politics make my blood boil.
    you make my blood boil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    prsom
    LOL. Was gonna like your post about how many kids you'd want and PRSOM too.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Was gonna like your post about how many kids you'd want and PRSOM too.
    Lmao great minds think alike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Well its certainly not the irish....
    That's another irrelevant point. You are calling those who follow Islam, terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Lmao great minds think alike

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends thinks that if she had a child who came out as gay and started a physical relationship then she would disown them and refuse to support them.

Her justification? She has full faith in her religion and that disowning them would make them realise their sin and make them come back so they can get to heaven.

Her views sicken me tbh. She blindly follows a religion and apparently that matters more than your own child's happiness.
    Yeah it's just stuff like this that puts me off being friends with someone. The kind of stuff that just seems like common sense and not being an arse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.