Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello everyone,

I just got all the replies from my UCAS application for actuarial science. 4 schools gave me conditional offers and one rejected. Out of the the 4, I have my firm choice on LSE, but I need to decide on my insurance choice, whether cass business school or manchester.

Manchester has a higher ranking in the QS World University Ranking (33 in the world), in fact most of the rankings, but it does not provide full exemption to the IFoA CT papers (7 papers only) upon graduation.

On the other hand, cass business school has lower ranking in QS Ranking (301). Frankly, this ranking totally freaks me out initially. However, I eventually decided to included cass business school in my UCAS application as I often see threats and posts in forums discussing how it is extremely reputable, in addition to the full exemption of CT papers granted by IFoA (8 papers) upon graduation.

I did not expect that I had to make a choice between these two uni. However, unfortunately, my first/second choice (Imperial) rejected me in its BSc Mathematics with Statistics for Finance course. I appreciate any replies to this threat and anticipate constructive advice. Thank you.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.