Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I finally got my feedback, but I'm not finding it very helpful. Out of the whole email there's one paragraph which is specifically about me:

"We were impressed with your academic record. The interviewers noted that you came across somewhat hesitant and needed a significant amount of help to answer questions. Overall, the interview was uneven and unable to convey a clear sense of your potential. They thought that you have potential to study the subject, but did not achieve the scores necessary to secure a place in the college."

I'm trying to interpret the bold sentence, is he implying that I have potential to study the subject at Cambridge, or just study the subject somewhere else? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    it is not at all clear. perhaps they mean that you would be able to study this subject at a different Cambridge college ?

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere else. I believe what they meant is, from the interview "scoring", that they did not think you would do well with the tutorial method, though would in another teaching style.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I would interpret it as meaning that you were capable, but just not as high scoring in the interview as other applicants. After all, they cannot accept every good applicant.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    I would interpret is as meaning that you were capable, but just not as high scoring in the interview as other applicants. After all, they cannot accept every good applicant.
    Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.