Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello TSRians,

The reason for this thread is just to post my current situation and update with progress, kindof like a diary but public so if others can benefit from it. And I'd feel abit better getting it off my chest rather than keeping it all locked in my head.

I've used TSR for quite a few years now from seeking the tiniest bit of advice to asking about life changing decisions and it has been really helpful.

My life's been a right mess up until now, due to a severe lack of confidence and social anxiety and periods of depression, at times I even felt like I was bi polar. I've been rejected by my family and friends but I don't blame them at all, no one wants to be around negativity. Right now in my contact list I don't have a single person I feel I could comfortably talk to, but that's okay.

I find it extremely difficult to talk to people. I find it difficult to step out of my house as I feel all eyes are on me and I'm being judged and compared constantly (I know it's all in my head).

I was on JSA for a while and it was the most depressing experience ever. I felt as though I was in jail, as if I'd committed a crime the way the staff used to treat me. But one of the security guards was genuinely helpful and gave me a little bit of hope. Honestly that was the most helpful thing I found from my time in Jobcentre was that inkling of hope given to me by a complete stranger.

I finally found the courage to see a doctor, and next week I'm going to have an assessment at a health centre.

I've made a membership with a local gym, and I can't wait to get started. I just need to purchase some gym clothes beforehand.

Any ways that's me for now still in my lonely shell but slowly coming out.

Until next time
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Sounds like you've taken lots of positive steps. Well done!

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.