Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any threads for this, i was just wondering if anyone who has applied has had their interview? i had mine last week and i just want to see if anyone had responses/how the interview went?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the foundation course as well But I didn't have an interview as I sent in my portfolio digitally as I am from Germany. How was your interview? Do you know when we will hear from them ?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview last Wednesday (March 9th) and I'm still waiting to hear. It's all coming by post which is annoying because I just want to know now. Not sure I'll get in though 500 applicants for 180 places is a lot of competition.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and I received a letter in the post on Monday with an offer!! was so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oonaghq)
    I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and I received a letter in the post on Monday with an offer!! was so happy
    Congrats !!! I Hope to hear from them soon..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_lucy16)
    I had my interview last Wednesday (March 9th) and I'm still waiting to hear. It's all coming by post which is annoying because I just want to know now. Not sure I'll get in though 500 applicants for 180 places is a lot of competition.
    I just want to know too and the wait is so annoying. I live in Germany so If they sent it by post it will take even longer.. I just hope we will hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    was just wondering, is anyone else waiting for a reply still? all my other friends have have received letter's and I'm wondering if I should contact mmu directly now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devzy)
    was just wondering, is anyone else waiting for a reply still? all my other friends have have received letter's and I'm wondering if I should contact mmu directly now...
    I haven't heard anything back yet too..

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer this morning. Not sure if I'll take it through. Stuck between here and De Montfort in Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HipThrust)
    If you're doing a foundation year at that Uni you must be thick.
    Tell that to my 8 A*s and 3 As at GCSE, A*A*AB At A-level, the fact that I got the highest mark in England and Wales for Art and Design (Having sat my exam a year early), getting full marks in 8 of my 16 modules at A-level, and the fact that I got into arguably the most competitive fine art degree in the UK (the Slade). Not to mention the MMU foundation usually gets two people into oxford every year.

ReputationRep:
    Why? What's wrong with Manchester met?
    The art foundation here is great - I'm doing it this year. I would thoroughly recommend it! It's just other MMU degrees don't have as high a reputation as the art department does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artstudentstress)
    Tell that to my 8 A*s and 3 As at GCSE, A*A*AB At A-level, the fact that I got the highest mark in England and Wales for Art and Design (Having sat my exam a year early), getting full marks in 8 of my 16 modules at A-level, and the fact that I got into arguably the most competitive fine art degree in the UK (the Slade). Not to mention the MMU foundation usually gets two people into oxford every year.
    wow thats incredible, you have definitely shown that idiot :')

ReputationRep:
    Do they send the results by post or e-Mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annca)
    Do they send the results by post or e-Mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine came by post

ReputationRep:
    Mine came by post
    Okei i will have to wait then..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine came by post
    Okei i wil habe to wait then ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devzy)
    have you heard back from them yet ?

ReputationRep:
    what accommodation are people going for for the foundation? I'm thinking Briarfields atm

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking Oxford Court due to it's location and the pictures on the site - that being said the pictures of the bedroom on the mmu website look the same as the ones for briarfields so I'm not sure what's accurate and what's not :/ has anyone seen any pictures of the halls that aren't on the mmu site? (I also heard from somewhere that foundation students are often landed in cambridge regardless of their preference but idk how true this is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smith_harri)
    I was thinking Oxford Court due to it's location and the pictures on the site - that being said the pictures of the bedroom on the mmu website look the same as the ones for briarfields so I'm not sure what's accurate and what's not :/ has anyone seen any pictures of the halls that aren't on the mmu site? (I also heard from somewhere that foundation students are often landed in cambridge regardless of their preference but idk how true this is)
    Haven't seen any images off the mmu site but i did look around Oxford at one of the open days. Looked nothing like the pics on the site and actually wasn't that great. Not sure it would be worth the price tbh. I got told at interview to avoid cambridge because its got a rep for a party hall and the foundation is intense! Are you doing the art foundation in September then??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.