Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wetherspoons put their prices up, what's the world coming to.. watch

ReputationRep:
    So as per Reue's post, they're not actually pushing up the price of alcohol.

Panic over, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I can still get my full English and a pint then I'm not too fussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    So as per Reue's post, they're not actually pushing up the price of alcohol.

Panic over, I guess.
    It says they're not pushing up the price of beers, which makes sense. I can see them putting the price of spirits and postmix up slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    It says they're not pushing up the price of beers, which makes sense. I can see them putting the price of spirits and postmix up slightly.
    True. I should've specified.
    Though I'm sure the sensationalist rag that's being used as a source would've included any price hikes in drinks... then again, this is The Mirror. Quality journalism isn't exactly a strong point of theirs.

ReputationRep:
    It's called business. Most of you can choose to eat and drink elsewhere if you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Just microwave a ready meal from tesco if you want the wetherspoons experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Nope, now Freddos on the other hand
    It's like 25p now right? I remember when it used to be 5p.

The world has truly gone mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    It's like 25p now right? I remember when it used to be 5p.

The world has truly gone mad.
    I know right! Those were the days

ReputationRep:
    damn, spoons does great food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I've never been before,how much is the price increase?
    I'm shocked a company which pretty much now owns a pub on every high street across the country wants to capitalize on their superior competitive advantage?!

THE HORROR

Hi QueenBee

ReputationRep:
    Lloyds bars are run by spoons, not yates.

Spoons stopping sunday roasts didnt go down well either.

ReputationRep:
    Miffed about the roasts as I genuinely saw nothing between them and their £20 gastro brethren.

Glad to see the beer isn't really going up though.

I was sad to see that a fair few close to me are being sold though... probably to be converted to more expensive versions of themselves. My old local has already gone.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I've never been to Wetherspoons actually, is it any good?
    I found the food to be pretty tasty but with way too many calories. I gained weight because I went to Spoons specifically for the honey glaze sauce. It was that addicting.

Now that I made a copycat sauce at home, the honey glaze is no longer a reason for going to Spoons.

(Original post by Gherk)
    Just microwave a ready meal from tesco if you want the wetherspoons experience.
    It took asking in a few forums to get a copycat recipe for the honey glaze sauce. Bottled sauces just didn't taste the same so I had to go and make it myself in the kitchen.

The challenge was to get the syrypy texture by carefully monitoring the sauce so it doesn't boil over.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.