Placed into foundation papers for my summer exams (Yr10), is it too late to change?

Watch
buttercup3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
So, I've been placed into foundation papers for my science unit 1 papers this summer, and I really really do not want to be in this position next year.

I know I can do better, for personal reasons I've been unable to focus on my school this year and so my grades are pretty low. I know I can change it up, I'm determined to. I don't want to be in foundation where the highest grade I can get is a 'C'.

From anyone's past experience, do you know if it's too late?
Is it too late to ask to change my exam to the higher tier paper (I've already been given my exam timetable for the summer)?
Or too late to change it up for the rest of my exams next summer at the end of Yr 11. (As I mentioned earlier, the exams i've been place into foundation for this summer are my yr 10 exams and are only the unit 1 science ones)

This is really frustrating me and I want to and know I can change it up.
Any advice/help would be appreciated!
Tinka99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What board do you do?
buttercup3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Tinka99)
What board do you do?
Edexcel
Tinka99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a link that leads to entry deadlines with Edexcel:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...-2015-2016.pdf

I am a year 11 doing AQA units 1, 2 and 3 for Biology, Chemistry and Physics higher tier which is basically triple science. Do the higher tier it's not that hard you just need to practice through past papers.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by buttercup3)
Hi,
So, I've been placed into foundation papers for my science unit 1 papers this summer, and I really really do not want to be in this position next year.

I know I can do better, for personal reasons I've been unable to focus on my school this year and so my grades are pretty low. I know I can change it up, I'm determined to. I don't want to be in foundation where the highest grade I can get is a 'C'.

From anyone's past experience, do you know if it's too late?
Is it too late to ask to change my exam to the higher tier paper (I've already been given my exam timetable for the summer)?
Or too late to change it up for the rest of my exams next summer at the end of Yr 11. (As I mentioned earlier, the exams i've been place into foundation for this summer are my yr 10 exams and are only the unit 1 science ones)

This is really frustrating me and I want to and know I can change it up.
Any advice/help would be appreciated!
It depends on your school but most likely you can still do higher because you are only in year 10 and have lost of chances to improve.

Its not the be all, end all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads