Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics
    (or combined science)
    Mathematics
    English Language
    English Literature
    Religious Studies
    Business Studies
    Design and Technology

P.S. With IGCSE's, is it true that it's simply exam-based (2 exams) and doesn't include coursework or ISA's?)

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    For maths and science, I'd go with AQA.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do edexcel for maths and science igcse. There's no coursework and the boundaries are relatively low

ReputationRep:
    The exam timetables get released around October so it might be a good idea to choose boards to minimise clashing. Some boards have different assessment structures, some of which might be easier for you depending on whether you're doing it privately(I assume you are). If you want to take exams at a non-standard time(eg. January) then I think CIE is the only option for those subjects.

Some IGCSEs have coursework and some don't. Some have optional coursework. Check the specifications.

ReputationRep:
    AQA Science - love it (and no course work)

Edexcel maths is a bit ishy - Last year's papers were apparently incredibly hard - but it's a good course.

ReputationRep:
    Bump :3

many thanks and other responses are much appreciated ~

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.