Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Day after day is passing by. I'm unmotivated. I can really feel the weight piling upon me. I'm in dire need of help.

I've tried everything - from revision timetables to organising everything - but my studying is not getting underway.

There's around 60 days until the exams!

****ING HELL.

No Jamie Vardy jokes.
    No hate.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate, procrastinate :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Try something small, like watching a documentary or something! That way you're not diving into the deep end but youre still absorbing information

ReputationRep:
    You've already put up a different thread on the same topic.The least u could have done was start revision. People like you is why tsr has become a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unplug ze Internet.

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: Get off TSR.
    Step 2: Turn off wifi.
    Step 3: Set your phone on fire so it doesn't distract you ever.
    Step 4: Turn Wifi back on.
    Step 5: Throw your laptop out the window.
    Step 6: Go to the library and study there if you really need the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    Try watching Crash Course on YouTube, helped me so it might help u too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Imagine you were lying in a hospital bed right now. You are alone and paralysed from the neck down from now until your exams. You can't move your arms to pick up a pen or a notebook, you can't get up and grab a textbook, you are trapped. It's frustrating because you wanted to do well in exams to go to the uni of your dreams, but you know you won't be able to revise.

Now take a second to look at your current situation. You are alive, and (hopefully) healthy. You have the physical ability to study, you could do well in your exams and get into a good uni and a good course. This is the first step towards an awesome future and you're online, complaining to stranger about how you can't revise!

If you are your only barrier, just get on with it. Go into autopilot because revising IS NOT THAT HARD TO DO! You're just looking at stuff you've learnt before to make sure you can remember it.

ReputationRep:
    If you go onto Youtube and search for your exam board + subject, you can find some really good videos on there.

I found that I was mostly procrastinating on Youtube anyway so thought I'd combine the two and it seems to be working so far, haha. Most of the clips aren't too long either so you can watch other things in between for breaks.
    Give it a go, it's not for everyone but if it works...

ReputationRep:
    Day after day is passing by. I'm unmotivated. I can really feel the weight piling upon me. I'm in dire need of help.

I've tried everything - from revision timetables to organising everything - but my studying is not getting underway.

****ING HELL.

No Jamie Vardy jokes.
    No hate.

Thank you.
    set yourself a task and try to finish it- put a timer on and try to finish that task in that time limit!
    then have a break for 15 or 30 min and then back to study and try to do another task
    keep doing this
    if you still think you cant to stick to it then ask your parents/guardian to keep an eye on you like a teacher

and you will see the magic

ReputationRep:

****ING HELL.

No Jamie Vardy jokes.
    No hate.

Thank you.
    print off a picture of a failure, stick it on your wall. it will motivate you to not be like that person

ReputationRep:
    Get someone at home to give you a kick up the backside, if there's nobody home then perhaps listen to Shia LaBeouf telling you to "Just do it"!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.