Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are reps easy to get? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea - really hard since been on TSR for like years still have not much reps. About 10 reps atm. (

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have banter to contribute then yeah, pretty difficult.

ReputationRep:
    easy :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Here is the truth OP

Name:  meme rep.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  58.3 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutorscience)
    I have no idea - really hard since been on TSR for like years still have not much reps. About 10 reps atm. (
    Well, I've been using this account for about 5 days, and look at me

Yes. With the removal of neg rep some time ago, the only way you can go is up.

ReputationRep:
    naaah man! you gotta have banter here!
    i don't create banters thats why it taking me loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnngggggggggggggggggg :dots:

ReputationRep:
    yes i got 6 bars in under 300 posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    easy :smug:
    I'm struggling :'(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((

ReputationRep:
    why do you want rep so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Yes. With the removal of neg rep some time ago, the only way you can go is up.
    why would people remove neg...

(Original post by CantGainWeight)
    you must be like hunger

ReputationRep:
    Yes, rep is given freely and so many people now have high rep.

(Original post by ckfeister)
    why would people remove neg...
    I don't remember the exact reasons quoted, but it probably had something to do with people abusing the feature and negging perfectly good posts to register their disagreement.

ReputationRep:
    You've only been here since September lmao...

All in good time.

ReputationRep:
    in all honesty i spent most of my time making funny jokes or at least try to....

(Original post by CantGainWeight)
    Given that each successive gem requires you to get the cumulative total of all previous gems, the number of gems isn't that great a measure of how easy it is to get rep. It would be if each gem was worth the same amount of rep, but that's not the case. Somebody who has just reached nine gems is further away from somebody who has just reached ten gems than he is from somebody who has just reached eight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Given that each successive gem requires you to get the cumulative total of all previous gems, the number of gems isn't that great a measure of how easy it is to get rep. It would be if each gem was worth the same amount of rep, but that's not the case. Somebody who has just reached nine gems is further away from somebody who has just reached ten gems than he is from somebody who has just reached eight.
    didn't read

ReputationRep:
    It depends whether people like your posts

ReputationRep:
    Its considerably easier now that they've removed neg reps and switched from the old points system.

ReputationRep:
    Now that neg rep is gone and you can rep an unlimited number of people a day they're ridiculously easy to get and consequently worthless. Rep inflation smh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.