Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a mixed race christian who looks kinda arabic, how can I look more christian? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    Everything about it; from the fact that you think it's important, that you think lynching is likely to happen to you, that there are people out there who have a problem with you looking Muslim, and that anyone - you and them, would want to build an identity based on a God that probably doesn't exist which then perpetuates the above.
    you didn't really have to explain it. it's quite clear how this is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    You mean you want to look more white?

(Original post by somesomebody)
    you didn't really have to explain it. it's quite clear how this is ridiculous.
    Thank you for the opinion even though I disagree immensely.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, oh buy some red trousers, get some tweed, a bowler hat and grow a mustache.

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to the mods, they undid the ban. I'm back :cool:

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Just spoke to the mods, they undid the ban. I'm back :cool:
    You're banned again.

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Alabama?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm half asian but I'm christian and some people in the past have thought I'm Muslim.

Thing is I don't wanna get lynched by racist thugs for a religion I'm not even of.

Is there anything I can wear that'll stop people from thinking so.
    Short shorts.

ReputationRep:
    xD little child, still believing in fairy tales. God does not exist.

(Original post by HeimIX)
    xD little child, still believing in fairy tales. God does not exist.
    Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haters gonna hate.
    Hmmm not sure you know what that phrase means...

On a serious note, if you are genuinely concerned for your safety whoever you are I am not sure there's much to be done about it. Look at my face. I'm mixed race and people think I'm all sorts of things. People will guess.

(Original post by leavingthecity)
    Hmmm not sure you know what that phrase means...

On a serious note, if you are genuinely concerned for your safety whoever you are I am not sure there's much to be done about it. Look at my face. I'm mixed race and people think I'm all sorts of things. People will guess.
    ty

ReputationRep:
    So obvious who this is lol

ReputationRep:
    muslims are usually not arab that's just a stereotype. In American they're usually black. And worldwide they're usually east Asian descent or south Asian descent. Arabs are white people. And most muslims aren't white.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you do realise that Jesus was Middle-Eastern and thus looked very Arabic? So, you should be proud of having Jesus' colourings!

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to look chirstian. You just need to have fifth in Jesus Christ as your saviour.

ReputationRep:
    This is very VERY sad if you feel you need to look a certain way to be a religion.
    Or that you think youre gonna get lynched if you look muslim.
    Where do you live?

I know christians of every race and muslims of every race. Im mixed race and get told I look Asian almost on the daily. Noone has said that I couldnt be Christian because of what I looked like and *fortunately* noones hurt me or has been prejudice against me because of my colour.

ReputationRep:
    how do you look 'arabic' lmfaoooooo

ReputationRep:
    Show some ankle skin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dress up like a queen, and they wouldn't treat you like a stinging bee.

Anyways why should care about Islamaphobes mistaking you to be Muslim. I think they are primarily being wide-range racists more than being anti-Islam, so I don't think being seen as an explicit Christian would make them friendish in anyway. These kinds of people don't deserve anything anyways.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.