Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking to transfer here from another university into the second year of UEA's Psychology course - what's it like? What's the university like in general?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Have you taken a look at the videos on our YouTube channel to get a feel of the campus and course? It's a good starting point www.youtube.com/ueaofficial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    I'm thinking to transfer here from another university into the second year of UEA's Psychology course - what's it like? What's the university like in general?
    Hi,
    Sorry that this is not related to what you've asked but I'm an A2 student and I'm really passionate about getting into the UEA - so sorry to ask but could you explain the process of moving degrees from one university to the other please? I was wondering if you'd need certain entry grades and such or if I fail I could go to my insurance choice and move to UEA for the second year of the degree programme? Even without having met their required grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShootingStar_)
    Hi,
    Sorry that this is not related to what you've asked but I'm an A2 student and I'm really passionate about getting into the UEA - so sorry to ask but could you explain the process of moving degrees from one university to the other please? I was wondering if you'd need certain entry grades and such or if I fail I could go to my insurance choice and move to UEA for the second year of the degree programme? Even without having met their required grades.
    Hey. Every transfer process is different. Some universities let you transfer & some don't. Some take A levels into consideration (I wanted to transfer to my firm from last year and they didn't take my first year of uni into consideration, only A levels which I didn't meet). UEA will take my A level grades, even though I don't meet the requirement, providing I get 65% in my first year at university. So my offer to transfer is conditional.

So, in short, it depends. As of now, UEA accepts transfers for my course. Some universities care for A level grades some don't. I'd suggest just try extremely hard in your A levels and then you won't have this problem. It's stressful, I advise you to do as best as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Hey. Every transfer process is different. Some universities let you transfer & some don't. Some take A levels into consideration (I wanted to transfer to my firm from last year and they didn't take my first year of uni into consideration, only A levels which I didn't meet). UEA will take my A level grades, even though I don't meet the requirement, providing I get 65% in my first year at university. So my offer to transfer is conditional.

So, in short, it depends. As of now, UEA accepts transfers for my course. Some universities care for A level grades some don't. I'd suggest just try extremely hard in your A levels and then you won't have this problem. It's stressful, I advise you to do as best as you can.
    Thanks so much, this was really helpful to read! It's comforting to know there's a possibility of still getting into UEA if I'm unsuccessful with my A-Level results - thank you for your help. Sorry I wasn't able to help you much, but from talking to third year students on the applicant day I can confirm they were very positive about the course and told me they were just jealous of people like me who got to experience it all over again.
    Best of luck to you - I hope you're happy with your outcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShootingStar_)
    Thanks so much, this was really helpful to read! It's comforting to know there's a possibility of still getting into UEA if I'm unsuccessful with my A-Level results - thank you for your help. Sorry I wasn't able to help you much, but from talking to third year students on the applicant day I can confirm they were very positive about the course and told me they were just jealous of people like me who got to experience it all over again.
    Best of luck to you - I hope you're happy with your outcome
    No problem at all I'm happy to help. Aww, thank you for that, it really does help. Good luck with your A levels and I really hope you'll get into UEA!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.