Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for some friends who will be a good influence on me Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Anyone willing to talk to me, I'm a graduate, I have lost my motivation lately being in a job I don't enjoy and hardly any friends or people my age. I have started becoming unambitous and procrastinating. I have forgotten my goals and what I wanted to do with my life that I have lost all the dicipline I gained during my degree.

Just looking for people to talk to in general to get me out of this weird place I am in at the moment and hopefully more productive.

Please private message or reply here. I am in no way a weirdo - promise!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justfedup)
    Hi,

Anyone willing to talk to me, I'm a graduate, I have lost my motivation lately being in a job I dodn not enjoy and hardly any friends or people my age. I have started becoming unambitous and I procrastinating. I have forgotten my goals and what I want to do with life that I have lost all the dicipline I gained during my degree.

Just looking for people to talk to in general to get me out of this weird place I am in at the moment and hopefully more productive.

Thanks
    TSR is not the place

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Anyone willing to talk to me, I'm a graduate, I have lost my motivation lately being in a job I don't enjoy and hardly any friends or people my age. I have started becoming unambitous and procrastinating. I have forgotten my goals and what I wanted to do with my life that I have lost all the dicipline I gained during my degree.

Thanks
    I've been feeling a bit like this recently, I'm doing a job where I'm spinning around in first gear and feel like I'm getting nowhere. It's hard to work to your full potential when you're doing something that doesn't utilise it and not working towards anything, but I've sort of had an epiphany. I've decided that 6 months from now I'm going to leave (barring any drastic changes) and suddenly everything seems alright again. Because now I don't have to moan and complain when things aren't progressing how I want them to, I can just think "well I only have to put up with this for ...". Plus now I can't procrastinate because I know I need to learn everything I can, innovate as many new ideas, solve as many problems as I can within the next six months in order to set myself up for the job I want to do later on.

Maybe if you're unhappy with the work you're doing, consider something like this? It definitely gives you light at the end of the tunnel when you can see a way out and know you're working towards something. If your workload isn't large or challenging enough, see if you can take on extra projects that play to your strengths and that you'll enjoy doing which will also benefit the company - that's the fastest way to get noticed and not only become more successful but also feel better about your situation.

ReputationRep:
    What did you graduate in?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I've been feeling a bit like this recently, I'm doing a job where I'm spinning around in first gear and feel like I'm getting nowhere. It's hard to work to your full potential when you're doing something that doesn't utilise it and not working towards anything, but I've sort of had an epiphany. I've decided that 6 months from now I'm going to leave (barring any drastic changes) and suddenly everything seems alright again. Because now I don't have to moan and complain when things aren't progressing how I want them to, I can just think "well I only have to put up with this for ...". Plus now I can't procrastinate because I know I need to learn everything I can, innovate as many new ideas, solve as many problems as I can within the next six months in order to set myself up for the job I want to do later on.

Maybe if you're unhappy with the work you're doing, consider something like this? It definitely gives you light at the end of the tunnel when you can see a way out and know you're working towards something. If your workload isn't large or challenging enough, see if you can take on extra projects that play to your strengths and that you'll enjoy doing which will also benefit the company - that's the fastest way to get noticed and not only become more successful but also feel better about your situation.
    I said the same thing to myself, I was only going to stay in that place for 6 months but I am still there and it has been 18 months and no one else is hiring me. I feel worthless :/

ReputationRep:
    I said the same thing to myself, I was only going to stay in that place for 6 months but I am still there and it has been 18 months and no one else is hiring me. I feel worthless :/
    18 months is a reasonable length of time to stay in a job. How long have you stayed at previous jobs? and are you looking to move to a similar position with another company or something different?

ReputationRep:
    18 months is a reasonable length of time to stay in a job. How long have you stayed at previous jobs? and are you looking to move to a similar position with another company or something different?
    You dont understand, this is very poor paid job, I hate it and all the people there too

ReputationRep:
    You dont understand, this is very poor paid job, I hate it and all the people there too
    Most people work in poorly paid jobs but sometimes you have to do it, even if you just do it for the money and aren't engaged in the work. Don't leave a job without another one to go to - but once you've lined something up for yourself don't be shy about leaving.

Was your last job before this one paid better than this one?

ReputationRep:
    Most people work in poorly paid jobs but sometimes you have to do it, even if you just do it for the money and aren't engaged in the work. Don't leave a job without another one to go to - but once you've lined something up for yourself don't be shy about leaving.

Was your last job before this one paid better than this one?
    this is my first job, i have learnt nothing, I still feel incompetent as the day I started and I dont have the confidence to go elsewhere, any confidence I had is shattered by my boss

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel OP. I could do with some direction too. I've PMed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batoot)
    TSR is not the place
    What do you mean?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.