Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just missed 3 mock papers, which is making me kinda nervous seeing as my actual exams start soon, so what happens if you don't show up to an exam? (Like if you miss it because of illness, or because of another health related problem) Also, what happens if you start an exam, but are unable to finish taking it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disenchxnted)
    I've just missed 3 mock papers, which is making me kinda nervous seeing as my actual exams start soon, so what happens if you don't show up to an exam? (Like if you miss it because of illness, or because of another health related problem) Also, what happens if you start an exam, but are unable to finish taking it?
    Ask your college or sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your college. Usually if you give them a legitimate excuse for missing it, the ask you to sit it at a re arranged time.

But don't be nervous, they are only mocks. It won't affect your final grade.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on your sixth form or college and also the rules of the exam board. Remember other people in the country sit the exam at the same time as you. If you dont show up you need to appeal to the exam board but most appeals are rejected and you will need to retake so please make sure this doesn't happen to you. If you are ill, you can appeal to retake and I heard a rumour(cant confirm if this is true) that if you are extremely ill(life and death situation) you get awarded your predicted grade. Like i said dont quote me on it because I cant confirm

If you start an exam and if you faint or something I think you get your predicted grade. Exam boards have different rules. Hope some of this helped

ReputationRep:
    in my school a boy was sick in hospital on his exam day, So what my school did was give his mock exam grade to the exam board and so his mock exam grade was his actual grade which was so lucky!

ReputationRep:
    If you are too unwell to take an exam then it is possible to be awarded a grade for the qualification if you have sufficient evidence for being ill and you take taken at least 50% of the assessment (including at least 1 A2 unit for A level). They do not use your predicted grade (they don't even collect them)but calculate a grade based on the units you have done. What happens is explained here: http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/a...ther-documents

If you start an exam but are unable to finish it then it gets a bit more complicated but there is a process that covers it.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add on to what everyone else has mentioned, if you are ill on the day it can't just be a cold etc. You must have a doctors note to prove your illness or the exam board will give you a U. It may seem harsh but it's to prevent people skiving just so they can do well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.