Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend told me a while ago that he couldn't stay in a long distance relationship when we both go to university. I knew he thought this before but it was hard to hear and I've been thinking about it for a while and don't know what to do.
    The worst thing is I was going to apply to the university he wants to go to
    If anyone has any advice let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend told me a while ago that he couldn't stay in a long distance relationship when we both go to university. I knew he thought this before but it was hard to hear and I've been thinking about it for a while and don't know what to do.
    The worst thing is I was going to apply to the university he wants to go to
    If anyone has any advice let me know!
    maybe ask him why he couldn't first of all? because Im thinking that his answer may suggest that he's not in the relationship for the right reasons eg. only physical or rep? tho if its like he won't cope being apart from you or something then you should tell him you were going to apply to the same uni that he was going to apply too- but PLEASE only apply if YOU like the course and the university- you can't change ur life just for him if its not going to benefit your future ya know

ReputationRep:
    things will change at university either way, people grow and change so don't go to his university purely because he's there, he isn't making that sacrifice for you!

it is hard, but you will just have to wait til the time comes and see how things feel then, if you are still together you will have another 6 months under your belt as a couple and he might change his mind, if he doesn't you will cope...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.