Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was hoping for some advice, and may be posting in completely the wrong area but.

    I am currently on a childhood and youth studies course, and really regretting it. It is not what I want to do at all, and it is my fault, I should have researched a bit better.

    I want to work with youth offenders and one of the courses that would allow me into that field is open university, which is also perfect as I am hating being a mature student sat with a bunch of teenagers, is there any way to change course. And it be to open university? I don't know where else to ask :/ I would finish my first year.

    I was just wondering if anyone else had done it??

    I think you should contact OU credit transfer.

    Go to:

    and select 'Credit Transfer' in the 'Subject of query' bar.

    If your currently on a year 1 university course and want to switch to Open University (from October 2016), you go through the credit transfer team at Open University. They assess your modules and see how much credits that can offer you, but you have know what degree pathway you want to switch onto first. I only transferred 30 credits and it took 6 weeks. So best to do it well in advance of the OU modules starting in October, if all goes well you could jump straight into level 2 (year 2) of a degree pathway from OU.

    Finish the year, the more credits you have the quicker you can complete your degree with OU.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.