Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I will try and keep this as brief as possible, but hopefully someone has the information I need.

I have got all 5 of my uni offers for 2016 entry, all BSC Economics:

-LSE, A*mathsAA, A further maths
    -UCL, A*mathsAA
    -Queen Mary, AAA
    -Surrey, AAA
    -Kent, BBB

I intend to put LSE as firm. However I am having trouble choosing my insurance. I would like to put UCL but am cautious about having two very high graded offers. I would then need to chose between Surrey or Queen Mary. However, I lack real passion for either of these universities compared to my top two. I am very (perhaps too much) influenced by league tables and as a result am determined to go to a top-5 university.

What I would like to know is if I put UCL and LSE down, but did not get an A* in maths, what are my options? Is it likely that Surrey or Queen Mary would be in clearing? Is it possible to reapply to LSE the following year to a different course that doesn't need the A*? If so, what would happen with personal statement, reference etc.

Also, can I choose my firm choice now and insurance at a later date? From what I can find I cannot... I would not be rushing into the decision if it wasn't for the fact I would like to start applying for accomodation, and LSE requires it to be a firm choice first.

I will appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuelcd)
    Hi everyone. I will try and keep this as brief as possible, but hopefully someone has the information I need.

I have got all 5 of my uni offers for 2016 entry, all BSC Economics:

-LSE, A*mathsAA, A further maths
    -UCL, A*mathsAA
    -Queen Mary, AAA
    -Surrey, AAA
    -Kent, BBB

I intend to put LSE as firm. However I am having trouble choosing my insurance. I would like to put UCL but am cautious about having two very high graded offers. I would then need to chose between Surrey or Queen Mary. However, I lack real passion for either of these universities compared to my top two. I am very (perhaps too much) influenced by league tables and as a result am determined to go to a top-5 university.

What I would like to know is if I put UCL and LSE down, but did not get an A* in maths, what are my options? Is it likely that Surrey or Queen Mary would be in clearing? Is it possible to reapply to LSE the following year to a different course that doesn't need the A*? If so, what would happen with personal statement, reference etc.

Also, can I choose my firm choice now and insurance at a later date? From what I can find I cannot... I would not be rushing into the decision if it wasn't for the fact I would like to start applying for accomodation, and LSE requires it to be a firm choice first.

I will appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thank you

what did you get for gcses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    what did you get for gcses?
    Hi. This is a pretty old thread and I am actually at LSE now, but I will answer your question.

I got 8A*, 3As and a B

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.