Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I will try and keep this as brief as possible, but hopefully someone has the information I need.

I have got all 5 of my uni offers for 2016 entry, all BSC Economics:

-LSE, A*mathsAA, A further maths
    -UCL, A*mathsAA
    -Queen Mary, AAA
    -Surrey, AAA
    -Kent, BBB

I intend to put LSE as firm. However I am having trouble choosing my insurance. I would like to put UCL but am cautious about having two very high graded offers. I would then need to chose between Surrey or Queen Mary. However, I lack real passion for either of these universities compared to my top two. I am very (perhaps too much) influenced by league tables and as a result am determined to go to a top-5 university.

What I would like to know is if I put UCL and LSE down, but did not get an A* in maths, what are my options? Is it likely that Surrey or Queen Mary would be in clearing? Is it possible to reapply to LSE the following year to a different course that doesn't need the A*? If so, what would happen with personal statement, reference etc.

Also, can I choose my firm choice now and insurance at a later date? From what I can find I cannot... I would not be rushing into the decision if it wasn't for the fact I would like to start applying for accomodation, and LSE requires it to be a firm choice first.

I will appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuelcd)
    Hi everyone. I will try and keep this as brief as possible, but hopefully someone has the information I need.

I have got all 5 of my uni offers for 2016 entry, all BSC Economics:

-LSE, A*mathsAA, A further maths
    -UCL, A*mathsAA
    -Queen Mary, AAA
    -Surrey, AAA
    -Kent, BBB

I intend to put LSE as firm. However I am having trouble choosing my insurance. I would like to put UCL but am cautious about having two very high graded offers. I would then need to chose between Surrey or Queen Mary. However, I lack real passion for either of these universities compared to my top two. I am very (perhaps too much) influenced by league tables and as a result am determined to go to a top-5 university.

What I would like to know is if I put UCL and LSE down, but did not get an A* in maths, what are my options? Is it likely that Surrey or Queen Mary would be in clearing? Is it possible to reapply to LSE the following year to a different course that doesn't need the A*? If so, what would happen with personal statement, reference etc.

Also, can I choose my firm choice now and insurance at a later date? From what I can find I cannot... I would not be rushing into the decision if it wasn't for the fact I would like to start applying for accomodation, and LSE requires it to be a firm choice first.

I will appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thank you

what did you get for gcses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    what did you get for gcses?
    Hi. This is a pretty old thread and I am actually at LSE now, but I will answer your question.

I got 8A*, 3As and a B

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.