Turn on thread page Beta

All the planets have aligned... and now I'm choking watch

I'll try and make this as short as possible. I started university over four years ago, and graduated last summer. I met a girl I really liked when I started, however I had just started seeing another girl. Over the course of the first year I still liked this other girl, however over time we became good friends. At the end of second year, I broke up with my ex for a while and got back together with her. During this period the girl I liked from university was seeing somebody.

I got back with my ex and was with her for a further year and a half although eventually it fizzled out and we broke up again about two months ago. Towards the end of the second spelll with my girlfriend, I started seeing the other girl from time to time as mates (we'd go drinking together, get food together.. that sort of thing) and we'd pretty much talk about everything; relationships/flings, likes/dislikes and just generally use to make each other laugh a lot.

Well now fast forward to where I am now, we both just thought of each other as mates and went out recently for a few drinks. Quite a few later, we ended up getting flirtier and flirtier with each other until next thing I know I've woken up in a hotel with her and the obvious happened. When we woke up the next morning (a lot more sober), we were shocked but still proceeded to do do "stuff". We talked for a bit and agreed not to talk about it for a while.

During the night she said stuff that she'd liked me for ages, and I pretty much said the same thing. Well this whole thing has made my old feelings for her resurface and I can't help but think I should suggest we try something more though I haven't yet. We've sporadically text since and I've asked her to grab food sometime this week to which she agreed, although I text her this afternoon to agree a time and as of right now I'm awaiting a reply that hasn't come yet.

Now here's the thing, I'm normally one for just being direct and asking somebody out but this is a little bit more complicated than previous times I've done this in the past so I'm trying to get it right.

What should I say to her? I don't want to make it awkward but I also don't want to let it go unsaid because I believe I'll regret it later. Do you think I should risk our friendship for something more, and what do you guys think I should say to her?

Over to you TSR.

TL;DR?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.