I am interested in taking 3 a-levels, geography, environmental studies and either history/english/rs and I am interested in taking a geography degree at university. I have a Extended Diploma in Animal Management at D* Level --- but I contacted the uni's and they preferred 3 a-levels.
I already have been to university but left on account of disliking the job so much (we had work placement); however I enjoy the academic side.
Therefore I wanted to take 3 a-levels in one year (definitely one year) so I have some questions:
- Do you think that online a-levels, classroom learning or self teaching is best? (I've heard horror stories from online a-levels and I can't find places near me that offer one year a-levels + I have a tightish budget unfortunately)
- Has anyone ever taught themselves a-levels? Especially the a-levels I've mentioned? How did you find it?
- If you took online a-levels/self teaching did you have to book an exam hall?
- If I was to take online a-levels what are the best sites? I always see mixed reviews on UK Open College/Oxford Online College so I just wanted to see where people recommended.
- Also has anyone taken an access to higher education course in geography? And did you have any trouble getting into university.
Any answers would be appreciated.
Turn on thread page Beta
Online A-Levels vs Classroom vs Self Teaching watch
- Thread Starter
- 07-03-2016 19:40
- Official Rep
- 09-03-2016 21:03
Sorry you've not had any responses about this.
Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.
Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.