Online A-Levels vs Classroom vs Self Teaching

Watch
J3zz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am interested in taking 3 a-levels, geography, environmental studies and either history/english/rs and I am interested in taking a geography degree at university. I have a Extended Diploma in Animal Management at D* Level --- but I contacted the uni's and they preferred 3 a-levels.
I already have been to university but left on account of disliking the job so much (we had work placement); however I enjoy the academic side.
Therefore I wanted to take 3 a-levels in one year (definitely one year) so I have some questions:

- Do you think that online a-levels, classroom learning or self teaching is best? (I've heard horror stories from online a-levels and I can't find places near me that offer one year a-levels + I have a tightish budget unfortunately)
- Has anyone ever taught themselves a-levels? Especially the a-levels I've mentioned? How did you find it?
- If you took online a-levels/self teaching did you have to book an exam hall?
- If I was to take online a-levels what are the best sites? I always see mixed reviews on UK Open College/Oxford Online College so I just wanted to see where people recommended.
- Also has anyone taken an access to higher education course in geography? And did you have any trouble getting into university.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thank you.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (225)
43.35%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (109)
21%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.39%

Watched Threads