Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    University: offered place at a target
    A levels: predicted A*A*A
    Work experience: nothing except one week at a local accounting firm
    Extra curriculars (this is where I'm really weak): maths tutoring, mentoring scheme at school, charity shop volunteering (for two years), play badminton but not in any teams, swimming (participated in school gala once but came last lol) ncs the challenge (project manager), founder of economics society, STEM project in statistics, school prefect

My question is will I have a realistic chance of being accepted to an interview for a spring week next year assuming that I get the right grades and get into the target university. Also, im worried that my extra curriculars aren't good enough to stand out. What can I get involved in now that could boost my CV? I was thinking about doing one of the volunteering abroad projects in the summer with money I saved from a part time job.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by biglad2k16)
    Extra curriculars (this is where I'm really weak): maths tutoring, mentoring scheme at school, charity shop volunteering (for two years), play badminton but not in any teams, swimming (participated in school gala once but came last lol) ncs the challenge (project manager), founder of economics society, STEM project in statistics, school prefect

My question is will I have a realistic chance of being accepted to an interview for a spring week next year assuming that I get the right grades and get into the target university. Also, im worried that my extra curriculars aren't good enough to stand out. What can I get involved in now that could boost my CV? I was thinking about doing one of the volunteering abroad projects in the summer with money I saved from a part time job.
    Seems fine, you'll get interviews as you're off to a target. In fact, I'm getting some humble braggingness from this post

Don't stress about putting other things on there for now, you have quite a bit of experience/ECs. Moreover, I'd get started on crafting your SW cover letters the summer before uni.

Also ofc, apply to insight days/schemes this year etc etc etc.

In future, I'd ask you to put this in the 'Am I good enough for IB/C" thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Seems fine, you'll get interviews as you're off to a target. In fact, I'm getting some humble braggingness from this post

Don't stress about putting other things on there for now, you have quite a bit of experience/ECs. Moreover, I'd get started on crafting your SW cover letters the summer before uni.

Also ofc, apply to insight days/schemes this year etc etc etc.

In future, I'd ask you to put this in the 'Am I good enough for IB/C" thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I didn't mean to brag. But are the extra curriculars actually enough? I'm not really involved in any sports teams at my school, just perfecting and economics soc. Would it help if I started to play sports at uni (maybe some obscure sport that would be easier to get into the team for)? Also, will ECs come up in the interview? Thanks anyway for your response.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lol I didn't mean to brag. But are the extra curriculars actually enough? I'm not really involved in any sports teams at my school, just perfecting and economics soc. Would it help if I started to play sports at uni (maybe some obscure sport that would be easier to get into the team for)? Thanks anyway for your response.
    Yes, the ECs are enough. Don't just stack ECs like they're Jenga pieces man, do stuff you find interesting. Nothing is worse than someone doing ECs for the sake of doing ECs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Well its no art degree from Bolton (a previous thread)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.