The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 ICT June 2016 Revision Thread

Hi, this exam is coming up soon and was wondering if anyone has any revision resources to share

Scroll to see replies

Literally, theres F all. No revision guides, ordered one on amazon and it was form 2009 and not relevant at all. However, look at ZigZag education, expensive but great.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=ellieacraig;63629393]Literally, theres F all. No revision guides, ordered one on amazon and it was form 2009 and not relevant at all. However, look at ZigZag education, expensive but great.

Hi, Have you got the pre release yet? I'm not sure on when it's supposed to come out? Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by imran_
Hi, this exam is coming up soon and was wondering if anyone has any revision resources to share

Hi, Have you got the pre release yet? I'm not sure on when it's supposed to come out? Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by KatieC97

I have a physical copy online, it has already been released. Ask your teacher
Reply 5
Oh okay thank you, do you know if there is anyway I could get an online copy too? Thanks agai

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
If you sent me the link that would be really kind if you can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ellieacraig
Literally, theres F all. No revision guides, ordered one on amazon and it was form 2009 and not relevant at all. However, look at ZigZag education, expensive but great.

what did you get for AS?
How to revise for INFO3? I have no idea. Got 98% for AS by simply learning off the markschemes, here that is not possible..
Reply 9
Original post by glebp
How to revise for INFO3? I have no idea. Got 98% for AS by simply learning off the markschemes, here that is not possible..

have you got ur cw grade?
Original post by imran_
have you got ur cw grade?

I haven't finished my coursework, have you?
Reply 11
Original post by glebp
I haven't finished my coursework, have you?

yeah just waiting for my teacher to give my grade back and any feedback which may need amending
Original post by imran_
yeah just waiting for my teacher to give my grade back and any feedback which may need amending

How is your progress going with INFO3? Im concerned about the written exam, rather than my coursrwork, to be honest.
Reply 13
Original post by glebp
How is your progress going with INFO3? Im concerned about the written exam, rather than my coursrwork, to be honest.

INFO3 isn't look so bad. Looking at past papers they seem to be repetitive
Considering its the last year of the spec im expecting a similar paper to past years.
Reply 14
How did you guys find the case study?
Reply 15
How do you guys find the case study?
Reply 16
Can anyone pleae pm me the pre release material. Much appreciated.
You won't be able to find a copy of the pre-release online - it is only available to teachers on the secure area of AQA. It also states on the front that it must not be provided to third parties so I am unable to upload a copy for you. The PM came out on 15th March (it is that date every year) and only your teacher can give you a copy. If you haven't had one yet then start asking for it.

I would imagine most teachers will try and identify possible questions that could be asked and work on answers with students in class - this is certainly what I do. Once I have had chance to look in detail at the pre-release and come up with some questions, I will post them on here like I did last year. It won't be for another couple of weeks though, towards the end of the school holidays.

There are 2 more years of the same spec for ICT (the last A2 exams are in 2018) so if you need resits or want to start A level, it is still available.
I have a pdf copy of the case study, what are your emails?
Reply 19
Original post by sana_97
How do you guys find the case study?

case study seems good

Quick Reply

Latest