GibbyGibson123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm getting into my GCSE revision now, but am not sure on the best way to approach writing all the notes I need to write and revise from! Revision cards? A4 note sheets? And how do I choose what to include and what not to? Anything helps...
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya Gibby,

I would suggest starting off by gathering the specifications for each of your subjects, so that you can keep your revision focused on what you actually need to know. Then, decide how you are going to format your notes. Use the method/methods you like best, e.g. mind maps, bullet points, revision cards etc. Personally, when I was revising for my GCSEs (and my A Levels!), I typed up as much of my revision material as I could. I can type much faster than I can write by hand, so it was easier for me. Also, typing allowed me to edit and format the information easily, so that's something you could consider.

Once you've got all of your revision notes sorted, start learning them! You'll probably find that you were actually taking in at least some of the material while you were creating your notes, which makes the actual revision process much quicker

It's also a good idea, if you have time, to go through as many past papers as you can. Past papers are a great way to identify any topics where your knowledge is lacking, and also allows you to see how previous questions were set out, so you'll have an idea of what the questions might look like in the real exam.

I hope that helps, and best of luck!
theconfusedman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Hiya Gibby,

I would suggest starting off by gathering the specifications for each of your subjects, so that you can keep your revision focused on what you actually need to know. Then, decide how you are going to format your notes. Use the method/methods you like best, e.g. mind maps, bullet points, revision cards etc. Personally, when I was revising for my GCSEs (and my A Levels!), I typed up as much of my revision material as I could. I can type much faster than I can write by hand, so it was easier for me. Also, typing allowed me to edit and format the information easily, so that's something you could consider.

Once you've got all of your revision notes sorted, start learning them! You'll probably find that you were actually taking in at least some of the material while you were creating your notes, which makes the actual revision process much quicker

It's also a good idea, if you have time, to go through as many past papers as you can. Past papers are a great way to identify any topics where your knowledge is lacking, and also allows you to see how previous questions were set out, so you'll have an idea of what the questions might look like in the real exam.

I hope that helps, and best of luck!
Do you 'absorb' the info with notes?
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theconfusedman)
Do you 'absorb' the info with notes?
I'm not sure whether I 'absorb' the information as such. I tended to make all of my notes, then read them over and over until I understood and could remember them. Everyone learns differently though
GibbyGibson123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks a lot Leviathan
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GibbyGibson123)
Thanks a lot Leviathan
You're welcome
theconfusedman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure whether I 'absorb' the information as such. I tended to make all of my notes, then read them over and over until I understood and could remember them. Everyone learns differently though
I think im gonna give this a try, thanks!
May i ask what grades you achieved?
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theconfusedman)
I think im gonna give this a try, thanks!
May i ask what grades you achieved?
At GCSE I got 5 As and 5 Bs, and at A Level I got ABB. Best of luck with your exams!
theconfusedman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At GCSE I got 5 As and 5 Bs, and at A Level I got ABB. Best of luck with your exams!
Thanks and well done on yours!
RevisionNad
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GibbyGibson123)
I'm getting into my GCSE revision now, but am not sure on the best way to approach writing all the notes I need to write and revise from! Revision cards? A4 note sheets? And how do I choose what to include and what not to? Anything helps...
experiment different methods and see which works for YOU. I sometimes type up my notes, sometimes write them out, stick notes around the house etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
13.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (44)
26.99%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
41.72%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.72%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.07%

Watched Threads