Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried flashcards, colours and mindmaps etc, but i need new methods to try- any suggestions would be grateful thanks😝

ReputationRep:
    ANKI!!!
    i cannot recommend it enough

ReputationRep:
    Deactivate Facebook, Delete WhatsApp, stop preeing people on SnapChat!!! Its your last chance, sacrifice these until you finish your exams. Then you can resttttt - Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Record yourself saying your notes!
    I have yet to try that because I hate hearing the sound of my own voice but its a great way of revising what you need rather than listening to other people's voices talking about things you may not necessarily find useful if that makes sense.

(Original post by Ghizlan_Mz)
    Trust me.
    Trussss meee

ReputationRep:
    I'm like that to but the best way is reading it out loud and explaining it to someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentaquark)
    Record yourself saying your notes!
    I have yet to try that because I hate hearing the sound of my own voice but its a great way of revising what you need rather than listening to other people's voices talking about things you may not necessarily find useful if that makes sense.
    same :argh::unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Whats that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghizlan_Mz)
    Deactivate Facebook, Delete WhatsApp, stop preeing people on SnapChat!!! Its your last chance, sacrifice these until you finish your exams. Then you can resttttt - Trust me.
    Good idea, its too tempting😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HedgehogsRulz)
    ANKI!!!
    i cannot recommend it enough
    What is it??

ReputationRep:
    Try to understand the material as opposed to just trying to remember it. You're much more likely to remember something you understand than something you just rote learn.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Type your own set of notes which explain the concepts in your own words. Even better if you can explain those concepts to someone younger than you.

I've simplified maths proofs from postgraduate degree to A-Level Maths graduate level, by explaining each step. The result was that I could easily answer the proof question in the actual exam.

ReputationRep:
    For maths - this link has all the pastpapers including 2015 june and nov and many other resources like what topics etc: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3906471 use the tsr learning resources will help you to find the resources easily :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources?
    Also you can make your own study resources: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/make
    you can find all the things on this link - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/learning.php
    revision techniques- https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/d...ow-to-revise-5
    Study timetable in case if you want to make one and don't know where to start:

These methods pretty go with all the subjects...
    Method of revision:
    - mindmaps
    - teaching others
    - recording yourself and listening back to it
    - repeating things aloud
    - revising with classmates
    - drawing diagrams
    - making a song of it
    - a silly story to help it stick
    - making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
    - writing things over and over again
    - using colour
    Make a list of all the topics, prioritise them by ordering in terms of which you need more help with/need more time to go over, then tackle each one
    If there is something you're particularly stuck on, ask the teacher for help!
    Get practise from exam and practise questions! It will help to reinforce things and find your weaker areas.
    :goodluck:
    hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddddiee)
    What is it??
    http://ankisrs.net/

It's a flashcard program that uses science to organize the revision schedule of your flashcards. It combats the forgetting curve by making you go over flashcards at certain intervals so that you revise efficiently and effectively.
    For example, back in october I had to learn 52 definitions (of by heart) in less than 2 weeks for an economics test- got 100% (compared to the next best score of like 75/80%). I know it's not a massive feat, but I was relatively busy at the time and it wasn't a very important test, yet I can still remember them perfectly now.
    Anki may not help for short term revision, but if you can get into a routine of using it, it definitely pays off.

ReputationRep:
    Google "Visual memory pegs" - figure out how to use them and give them a try. It's a way of helping recall info you've learned back into your working memory when you need it (i.e. in the exam) in an orderly fashion, kind of like putting it in a filing cabinet in your brain.

If you can figure out from your own experience if you naturally learn best when info is presented to you in a visual way- or an auditory way, this will help you select methods that will be most effective for you.

google Tony Buzan, if you have time/ are curious- he has lots of strategies for helping you figure out how you learn best, and suggestions for revising.

- I am currently writing an assignment at uni on working memory deficits and strategies/ interventions for overcoming them with schoolchildren.

ReputationRep:
    Record yourself reading out your notes!

Make up questions and record yourself asking yourself these questions. Include the answers in your recording but allow 5 second pauses between question and answer and play this whilst you're out and about. It works because it's like playing a game. You'll find yourself talking along to the recording, like remembering the lines to a song.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.