Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I take in a binder everyday. The front half is used for any notes,printouts etc that I'm given. The other half of the binder is divided into two sections,in the first section I put in a note of any homework,assignments or anything at all that I need to complete and hand back in, and in the back I put anything that I've completed that's to be handed in. It sounds a bit confusing when I write it out but it works for me I also take in a notebook to write down any notes from classes I want to.
    When I get home I like to write up notes and put them in a binder for that module..I also take this time to put any handouts into the binder.
    This sounds weird I think but it works for me and it means I don't have to carry loads. I usually take a notebook,my binder for handouts etc and if I know I have a class where I will need my notes I will bring in the binder for that module.

I'm in college right now but when I go to uni in September I will probably adopt the same system.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an old fashioned notepad and paper kind of gal. I use plain blank notebooks (no lines or anything just in case I need to draw diagrams or anything) and I just keep them clearly labelled as to what they're for. They've got to be decent notebooks for that though: I don't invest in any of the cheap pads because they won't last. I don't use binders or folders or any of that. I don't highlight; it's the most distracting thing, I don't see how colouring it in actually helps people. I'm not a fan of complicating things by being too organised. I've got all my stuff in the one place, it doesn't take me long to grab what I need and go.

Don't ask me why, but I always seem to find people swanning in late to a lecture with their macbooks to be fairly pretentious. I'd say 30% of people in my subjects use their laptops, 50% are following from notes or print outs of the lecture, and the rest don't have anything with them at all.

It's personal preference. Whatever has worked in the past is likely to work now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.