Student Finance after dropping out! Watch

EmmaD1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So last September, I planned to start studying at university, made a student finance application etc etc, moved out to start university, but due to a variety of factors, i dropped out and moved home after 4 days, hadn't even properly enrolled or attended a single lecture, i'd basically just lived in halls for 4 days.
I went through the whole process of withdrawing my SF application, payed back in full the maintenance loan that accidentally got paid to me after id dropped out.
Now I'm looking at applying to student finance again for this year to properly start university.
Because i literally only attended for a few days, never properly started the course and withdrew my application, when applying this year, the first question is 'have you ever had a loan from the SLC before?' and technically the answer is yes, but because it's been fully withdrawn and no money was actually borrowed from them in the end, do I have to say yes? And when i'm asked if i've ever been on a higher education course before, again technically yes, but because I dropped out before even starting, does it count?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmmaD1997)
So last September, I planned to start studying at university, made a student finance application etc etc, moved out to start university, but due to a variety of factors, i dropped out and moved home after 4 days, hadn't even properly enrolled or attended a single lecture, i'd basically just lived in halls for 4 days.
I went through the whole process of withdrawing my SF application, payed back in full the maintenance loan that accidentally got paid to me after id dropped out.
Now I'm looking at applying to student finance again for this year to properly start university.
Because i literally only attended for a few days, never properly started the course and withdrew my application, when applying this year, the first question is 'have you ever had a loan from the SLC before?' and technically the answer is yes, but because it's been fully withdrawn and no money was actually borrowed from them in the end, do I have to say yes? And when i'm asked if i've ever been on a higher education course before, again technically yes, but because I dropped out before even starting, does it count?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Put yes to both
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (399)
91.72%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (36)
8.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise