Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    For the second bit i put 5/2(o)
    Second bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Guys for the propane-1,2-diol question, was the organic product formed in part a a carboxylic acid-ketone combination and for the alternative organic product it's a aldehyde-ketone combination?
    thats exactly what i put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley444)
    Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?
    I put as they're expensive metals and it's still enough for the pollutants to react on 😬

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was it for the aldehyde-ketone combo? I said it is cost-effective to use thin layer of catalyst. For the mass spectrometry I said they both form same ions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley444)
    Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?
    I put, For a larger surface area, therefore captures more Pollutants. Made sense to me but idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the resit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vignesh1234567)
    How many marks was it for the aldehyde-ketone combo? I said it is cost-effective to use thin layer of catalyst. For the mass spectrometry I said they both form same ions.
    idk

and yep exactly what I wrote for for the catalyst and mass spectrometry Qs.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions on grade boundaries for both papers?

ReputationRep:
    So guys how did y'all find the as chemistry exam on june 10th i found it so effin hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vignesh1234567)
    I don't think they form the same ions, they just both had the same molecular formular and so they had the same molecular mass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metal Warrior)
    I don't think they form the same ions, they just both had the same molecular formular and so they had the same molecular mass.
    It was 2 marks right. What the 2 points you made?

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's what I said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaiusMartius)
    yeah that's what I said.
    Did you just state that they had 'the same molecular formula'?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I said they had the same molecular formula and same number of each atoms (C H O) but different functional groups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Did you just state that they had 'the same molecular formula'?
    yeah, had done a basically identical question the night before lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Yup I said they had the same molecular formula and same number of each atoms (C H O) but different functional groups
    What did you write for the question on why CO2 etc absorb infra red radiation?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone say that 218 mg magnesium was required to fully react and so 396mg was in excess
    also what about the last graph question about volume of H2 produced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    I said that honeycomb has a large SA and a thin layer wouldnt decrease the SA so the catalyst would still be effective
    I also put that platinum is expensive

ReputationRep:
    absorbs a high amount of energy or sumn I looked in the book and it says something like that too

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the anti bumping granules Q?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.