The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metrize
What? What avout our score

"Unlike reformed GCSEs (which will use a 9 to 1 grading scale), we’re keeping the current A* to E grading system for reformed A levels (A to E for reformed AS). So what’s the challenge?First, the A* grade. The current rule is based on A levels that are made up of AS and A2 units. In reformed linear A levels, there is no need for such a complex rule, and no need for a ‘uniform mark scale’ either. A* will be another grade boundary that can be set by senior examiners (as for A and E) or set arithmetically (as for B, C and D)."
https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2015/08/14/a-level-awarding-in-2016-and-2017/

"UMS marks will not be used in the reformed AS, A-level and GCSE exams for first teaching in September 2015."
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries

Im guessing its just a set mark for an A, B, etc. :/
Original post by Pentaquark
We dont get UMS for the new reformed A levels.

How would remarks work?
Surely our teachers get UMS?
Original post by SM-
Did anyone get 1.01 x 10^25 or number of molecules?

its 1.01x10^22 but yh i divided the mass by the mr and x the mole by avegadro's connstant
Original post by matte17
its 1.01x10^22 but yh i divided the mass by the mr and x the mole by avegadro's connstant

no it was ^25
Original post by zigocarn
How would remarks work?
Surely our teachers get UMS?

Not according to the AQA website.
Im not sure. Just raw marks I guess. :/
Original post by Pentaquark
"Unlike reformed GCSEs (which will use a 9 to 1 grading scale), we’re keeping the current A* to E grading system for reformed A levels (A to E for reformed AS). So what’s the challenge?First, the A* grade. The current rule is based on A levels that are made up of AS and A2 units. In reformed linear A levels, there is no need for such a complex rule, and no need for a ‘uniform mark scale’ either. A* will be another grade boundary that can be set by senior examiners (as for A and E) or set arithmetically (as for B, C and D)."
https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/2015/08/14/a-level-awarding-in-2016-and-2017/

"UMS marks will not be used in the reformed AS, A-level and GCSE exams for first teaching in September 2015."
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/grade-boundaries

Im guessing its just a set mark for an A, B, etc. :/

ok thanks!!
Anyone got 1 square down when drawing the graph?
Original post by Splaffie
i plugged in some calculations, it was both a slower rate of reaction and it was exactly one square lower in terms of the final plateau

That is what I got too :smile:
Original post by DaVinciGirl
That is what I got too :smile:

i got 88.8% recurring for the percentage and 88.8recurring% of 9 is exactly 8, also the rate was reduced because less molecules less likely to undergo successful collisions
(edited 7 years ago)
i got 88.8% recurring for the percentage and 88.8recurring% of 9 is exactly 8, also the rate was reduced because less molecules less likely to undergo successful collisions

Someone in the other unofficial markscheme thread is saying that the concentration was higher so there was an increase in successful collisions. Do you remember that?
Someone in the other unofficial markscheme thread is saying that the concentration was higher so there was an increase in successful collisions. Do you remember that?

wow something i cant remember, I cant remember anything about concentration I just wrote about less moles
wow something i cant remember, I cant remember anything about concentration I just wrote about less moles

My friend is saying that the concentration decreased but I don't remember either.
Concentration increased from 0.6 to 0.8moldm-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matte17
its 1.01x10^22 but yh i divided the mass by the mr and x the mole by avegadro's connstant[

I got 1.01*10^25
Reply 834
My friend is saying that the concentration decreased but I don't remember either.

Ethanoic acid increased from 0.6 mol dm-3 to 0.8 mol dm-3 as @Moshe pointed out and there was excess of Mg?

How many marks is the graph and calculation?
YESS , the one where they give ethanol density right?
Original post by rosemondtan
How many marks is the graph and calculation?

2 Marks I believe.
Reply 838
How would Cambridge look at AS UMS if there is no UMS?
2 Marks I believe.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest