The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Answer to theboleic acid test?

I wrote Sodium hydrogencarbonate test, because its a carboxylic acid or am i wrong??
Original post by SuperHuman98
Answer to theboleic acid test?

I wrote Sodium hydrogencarbonate test, because its a carboxylic acid or am i wrong??

Didn't it have a double bond?
I think Its bromine water then
Original post by ICantFindMyName
Didn't it have a double bond?
I think Its bromine water then

I wrote bromine water too because the question was asking how to prove it was unsaturated, so i figured since the double bond makes the acid unsaturated thats what you would test for
Original post by britishtf2
Good luck. I can't really remember much about it until I am asked about certain questions. Feel free to ask what I got for a question and I'll see if I can help :smile:

Just made the unofficial Mark scheme. Feel free to correct any mistake. Thanks :smile:
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Just made the unofficial Mark scheme. Feel free to correct any mistake. Thanks :smile:

Cool. Will check over it.
Also fml for the distillation question I wrote to heat it at 99 degrees celcsius rather than above, fml

Isn't that the case? Shouldn't you be boiling it at this temperature so the isooctane condenses off into the condenser while octane drips back into the flask?
Original post by metrize
I thought it was 3, i mighr be wrong though

Thought it was 3 too but oh well haha
Has anyone got the link to the unofficial markscheme?
Original post by sophie.03
Has anyone got the link to the unofficial markscheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4156405 there you go
Original post by Rrimmer98
Yeah the 'meth whatever it was' one, right?

I think it was methylpropane
Original post by DaVinciGirl
That is what I got too :smile:

i did that my calulations were not exactly one down so i guessed 1 and rounded it
Original post by rosemondtan
Isn't that the case? Shouldn't you be boiling it at this temperature so the isooctane condenses off into the condenser while octane drips back into the flask?

yes thats correct i said, it is distilled becuse it vapourises into the condenser and the octane wiill move back in
Original post by Enderbat1999
yes thats correct i said, it is distilled becuse it vapourises into the condenser and the octane wiill move back in

Yeah quite sure that's it haha it has to be at or slightly lower than the boiling point of isooctane :smile:
Original post by marcobruni98
I think it was methylpropane

I also put that
Original post by liziepie
I also put that

Lovely stuff
For the first question I might have do 4 or 5 significant figures on my answers will I lose the mark

Didn't most of the questions say (to an appropriate amount of sig fig)...?
Original post by AdamWallisjr
Didn't most of the questions say (to an appropriate amount of sig fig)...?

It didn't say anything about significant figures :s-smilie:
Original post by zigocarn
Tbf, 59/80 would mean an A is 73%, an A grade for the unit 2 paper in past years is always 80-85%. So I highly doubt it will be 73%, closer to 85%

paper 2 has gone down to 67% for an A some times, so get your fact right.
Does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries will be for the papers? This was my final exam so I can't hel but worry lol.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for the Resit unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending